+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    I think I may start with the strips comparing it to the readout on the chlorinator to see how close they are. If there is a wide reading between the two then I may get the K-1766. Hopefully, that won't give me a completely different reading than the strips or the chlorinator.

As for the special pets, they're probably frozen popsicle sticks at the moment. It's about 6 degrees out.
    The strips usually read within about 200ppm or so of what my SWCG reads. Close enough for me.

Poor critters.....
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

It's kinda quiet around here right now....
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    It's kinda quiet around here right now....
    Two more months till pool opening here.......
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Right now, 2 months seems like forever!!!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Right now, 2 months seems like forever!!!

Especially since we've been freezing our areses here! Local station is saying this is turning out to be one of our coldest February's on record.

That's what they're saying here too. And I am a believer!

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    The strips usually read within about 200ppm or so of what my SWCG reads. Close enough for me.

Poor critters.....
    Good enough for me too! Honestly, I wouldn't know. I have a hole in the ground with snow in it...and some dirt.

That's what they're saying here too. And I am a believer!
    You mentioned something about global warming earlier?

Good enough for me too! Honestly, I wouldn't know. I have a hole in the ground with snow in it...and some dirt.
    That's pretty much what ours looks like right now. We got about 6" of snow this past Tuesday and it's still around (temps plumitted here). Here it's rare for snow to stick around this long.

You mentioned something about global warming earlier?
    Hahaha! I do have a degree in Geology...

The most PC thing I can say is that "change" is relative. The climate here and in Colorado (and Virginia) WILL "warm" one of these millennia!
    Last edited by FormerBromineUser; 02-23-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Include my favorite state!

+ Reply to Thread