+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

Parts of the concrete deck around our pool are only 3ft wide with no issues using a mesh safety cover.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Custom spa nozzles, sweet! Still dreaming!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    Parts of the concrete deck around our pool are only 3ft wide with no issues using a mesh safety cover.
    Thanks Jim. That makes me feel much better.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Custom spa nozzles, sweet! Still dreaming!
    I think I may want to clarify on the nozzles. He sat my wife down and did some measurements and set the heights on half the nozzle to hit directly on her lower back where she specified, and the other half to hit just below her shoulder blade for a perfect soothing massage depending on where she's feeling sore. Actually, the nozzle heights are all the same he just made the seat lower in half the spa.

Oh my. If I ever do a spa, your guy is MY guy! I love it!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Well, nothing has progressed since shotcrete. Guess you can see why. We've been getting snow almost every other day and it's been difficult to do anything. We got about 7 or 8 inches of the wet fluffy stuff over night and the temp has been hovering around 10. Blankets have been on since last Friday. Landscapers are supposed to start tomorrow, but I really doubt they're going to be able to do anything. We need a quick warm up and melt.

Brrrr. What a build! Hope it warms up soon! Did you get your test kits so you will be ready to go?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Brrrr. What a build! Hope it warms up soon! Did you get your test kits so you will be ready to go?
    I hope your weather is getting better than it was. I wore shorts and a t-shirt today in hopes of changing the weather pattern back to what it was a week or two ago. No, haven't ordered the test kits. But I did just order my new BBQ and accessories for the built-in. Actually, in reading some of the posts on my salt chlorinator thread, JimK and SunnyOptimism seem to think that the K-1766 may be a waste, and test strips for testing salt levels work just fine. No? I believe you had your input in there too.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...ol-Build/page4

Will have to read through that entire thread again. I'm going to have to read through a lot of my posts, again. Kind of miss those guys from my previous post. I'm assuming everyone is still hanging around the forum. CarlD? SunnyOptimism? Heard from JimK. Think he likes our special "pets" we have living under our patio.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    I hope your weather is getting better than it was. I wore shorts and a t-shirt today in hopes of changing the weather pattern back to what it was a week or two ago. No, haven't ordered the test kits. But I did just order my new BBQ and accessories for the built-in. Actually, in reading some of the posts on my salt chlorinator thread, JimK and SunnyOptimism seem to think that the K-1766 may be a waste, and test strips for testing salt levels work just fine. No? I believe you had your input in there too.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...ol-Build/page4

Will have to read through that entire thread again. I'm going to have to read through a lot of my posts, again. Kind of miss those guys from my previous post. I'm assuming everyone is still hanging around the forum. CarlD? SunnyOptimism? Heard from JimK. Think he likes our special "pets" we have living under our patio.
    I should probably clarify I have no experience with the Taylor salt test kit. I've only used the strips I mentioned in that thread (with good results).

Lol...yes, I like a wide variety of critters, including your special ones.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    I should probably clarify I have no experience with the Taylor salt test kit. I've only used the strips I mentioned in that thread (with good results).

Lol...yes, I like a wide variety of critters, including your special ones.
    I think I may start with the strips comparing it to the readout on the chlorinator to see how close they are. If there is a wide reading between the two then I may get the K-1766. Hopefully, that won't give me a completely different reading than the strips or the chlorinator.

As for the special pets, they're probably frozen popsicle sticks at the moment. It's about 6 degrees out.

+ Reply to Thread