+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Thanks for subscribing!!!

Somehow I thought you had a pool in the past. My bad.

Test kits? We got this! Order a Taylor K2006 ! Practice with testing your fill water.
    We did, actually. But it's been sooooooo long, I don't remember anything. We moved to Parker almost 8 years ago, and with not keeping up with the practice, I have completely forgotten everything. We had the PS233...and it still has "stuff" in it. Pretty sure nothing is good anymore. So, instead of pretending, I'm just going to admit I feel old, 50 this year, and am starting from scratch.

Ha! Pool chemistry is my favorite subject! I am not an expert on SWG's but We can help!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Ha! Pool chemistry is my favorite subject! I am not an expert on SWG's but We can help!
    I am going to take you up on that, Former. Probably a couple months out before we get the test kit.

Get a Taylor K1766 also to monitor your salt.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+1 on the recommended test kit. Using a good test kit is an absolute must for any pool owner IMO.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Rebar, plumbing and shotcrete complete!

Looks awesome!!!! Very neat and precise.

How deep is the main pool? Tanning shelf goes straight to deep end. Interesting, I love it!

Also, will you be doing the safety cover? Looks tight.
    Last edited by FormerBromineUser; 02-14-2015 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Too quick on the trigger

Looks awesome!!!! Very neat and precise.

How deep is the main pool? Tanning shelf goes straight to deep end. Interesting, I love it!

Also, will you be doing the safety cover? Looks tight.
    Morning! Thanks. It's coming along nicely. The PB kept apologizing for the "ugliness" and promised it will look better once tile, coping and plaster are placed in.

The sunshelf is about 8" deep and the deep end is about 6'-0". We've realized in our previous pool that most people don't really swim and would rather sit or float with a cool drink and relax when we have get-togethers. It's meant for a spot to relax but still have the ability so jump in (not dive) at the deep end.

We are planning a safety cover (Loop Loc). The PB said we should have plenty of room. I was a bit concerned between the spa and the pool but he said we'll end up with about 4' between. Seems like that should be enough room???

Nice. Cool drinks in the pool sounds like a dream right now. Below zero here today. Brrr.

I have an auto-cover and know nothing about loop loc. It doesn't look like 4' in the picture but your pool builder is obviously experienced!

Nice. Cool drinks in the pool sounds like a dream right now. Below zero here today. Brrr.

I have an auto-cover and know nothing about loop loc. It doesn't look like 4' in the picture but your pool builder is obviously experienced!
    Yikes. I feel for you. We haven't had very many below zero temps this year...but the season's not over and we're heading into our snowiest months of the year. But, just so you don't feel so alone, we are expecting snow tomorrow night into Monday morning. The PB has even bundled up our pool and spa. Big covers/tarps over everything right now. Hope you get some warm weather soon.

For the cover, I do have my concerns. It may be 4' from edged to edge in some spots. He hasn't let us down yet and he's going out of his way to accommodate our "small" changes and requests. (we now have custom set spa nozzles) We'll see soon, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread