+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

Well this was unexpected...and somewhat disappointing. 6" overnight and it's still going:

Yea, glad not too much digging was done. It sure seems early to be doing this... We have a blizzard here and lightning is expected tonight. Crazy! Must be global warming....
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Yea, glad not too much digging was done. It sure seems early to be doing this... We have a blizzard here and lightning is expected tonight. Crazy! Must be global warming....
    We weren't even supposed to get any snow this weekend. I think I'm going to change my profession to a weathercaster. What other job in the world can you be wrong most of the time and get paid for it.

As for the timing, we agreed to do this "offseason". They were already booked for the spring with a huge build for a hotel and wouldn't be able to start ours until late summer or early fall. Ugh. Doubt if the builder is coming in tomorrow to start the excavation for the pool. No biggie, I guess. Not like we want to jump in at the moment.

It's formed!

Wow! Quick melt-off! (We just got another two inches of snow today). Looks good so far!
    P.S. Is that snow in the background or a pond?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Wow! Quick melt-off! (We just got another two inches of snow today). Looks good so far!
    P.S. Is that snow in the background or a pond?
    Yes, that is snow in the back. It got up to 60+ yesterday. But we're expecting about an inch today...but back up to about 60 tomorrow.

Running a couple of days behind but he excavation is done for the most part. Rebar, plumbing and then shotcrete scheduled for this week.

I have an additional post to this too.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...618#post129618

Looks great! So the spa is attached?
    Btw, I noticed that you subscribed!!!!

Looks great! So the spa is attached?
    Btw, I noticed that you subscribed!!!!
    Pretty excited. Thanks. There was supposed to be a bigger path between the spa and pool so we could put a safety cover over the pool for the offseason, and leave the spa uncovered, probably fenced, for all year access. There may still be enough room to do that. Will need to review with the builder.

Yeah, I wanted to give something back to the forum. Wealth of info here, and I'm not close to finishing. My next "quest" is going to be test kits.

Thanks for subscribing!!!

Somehow I thought you had a pool in the past. My bad.

Test kits? We got this! Order a Taylor K2006 ! Practice with testing your fill water.

+ Reply to Thread