+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post

When do you expect to receive your test kit?
    It's scheduled for Thursday from UPS. Just looked at the extended forecast and it looks like we're going to get some decent weather for a bit. Only garden variety storms in the next few days. Honestly, from what I'm reading, I think this is algae. Not sure how it can bloom this quickly. Ugh. But, the shock the builder had me add in seems to be working. The spa is looking pretty good.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    It's scheduled for Thursday from UPS. Just looked at the extended forecast and it looks like we're going to get some decent weather for a bit. Only garden variety storms in the next few days. Honestly, from what I'm reading, I think this is algae. Not sure how it can bloom this quickly. Ugh. But, the shock the builder had me add in seems to be working. The spa is looking pretty good.
    I assure you it will get better once you are able to take control. Meanwhile, you might have to sneak some chlorine in there to keep it at appropriate levels.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    I assure you it will get better once you are able to take control. Meanwhile, you might have to sneak some chlorine in there to keep it at appropriate levels.
    Yep! Can't agree more Jim. I really trust the builder and everything he's done. He has not steered me wrong yet. I just don't trust his minions he sends out to maintain the pool. I saw them doing tests in the middle of a pouring rain storm the other day. How accurate can that be? I will feel much better come Thursday.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    Yep! Can't agree more Jim. I really trust the builder and everything he's done. He has not steered me wrong yet. I just don't trust his minions he sends out to maintain the pool. I saw them doing tests in the middle of a pouring rain storm the other day. How accurate can that be? I will feel much better come Thursday.
    They're probably adjusting chlorine according to "industry standards" (1-3ppm regardless of CYA level) which as we know here doesn't work well.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Looking much better! Couldn't see the bottom yesterday, and this morning I found a few spots of shock granules that I missed with the brush. I'll keep the pump running on high and then vac a little later on this afternoon.

+ Reply to Thread