+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    Yikes!

Not a good way to start.

Shouldn't be too much of a setback though.

You order a test kit yet? Time to start practicing.
    My wife sent a pic earlier and it was beautiful. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I walked out back after work and saw a mess. I know. It'll be better.

I'm still waiting for the test kit from the builder. If he's going to give me a Taylor K-2006, why spend the extra money.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Good news that it's clearing quickly. Dirt is easy compared to other issues. That darn diving board!!!!!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Hi all!

Pool is complete! The dirt and gunk from the waterfall accident has been cleared and the water is sparkling! We had our walk though Friday afternoon and I can’t remember a thing we went over. There was a ton to review.

But, here’s the final result:

In two weeks, the landscaper will be back in to finish their part. Will post final pics then.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Beautiful!

What a transformation from your first pics of your backyard.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    Beautiful!

What a transformation from your first pics of your backyard.
    Thanks Jim. We definitely will not miss the old out of control forest we had.

Congratulations, Toy! Tears in my eyes; it's SO beautiful and you did it!!! So happy for you!!!!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Congratulations, Toy! Tears in my eyes; it's SO beautiful and you did it!!! So happy for you!!!!
    Thanks Former! It's not quite done yet but we're really happy with the results. Now the fun begins. Keeping the water balanced and everything looking like new. Thanks for hangin in there with me/us throughout all this, and I'll definitely be posting more questions...plus final pics of the completed build. Hopefully in two weeks.

Okay... Okay.... I can't wait the full two weeks! Any updates???

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Okay... Okay.... I can't wait the full two weeks! Any updates???
    Well...yes. The waterfall has been mortared in, but we're holding off on turning it on until it dries a bit. Hopefully, by the weekend I'll have some pics. The landscapers are coming back tomorrow to finish what they need to finish. Including the piece of flagstone I knocked off trying to get to the skimmer cover. Ooops. My bad.

I also ordered my test kit yesterday so I'll be able to do my own testing instead of relying on their readings. I'm sure they do a great job but I want to know for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    Well...yes. The waterfall has been mortared in, but we're holding off on turning it on until it dries a bit. Hopefully, by the weekend I'll have some pics. The landscapers are coming back tomorrow to finish what they need to finish. Including the piece of flagstone I knocked off trying to get to the skimmer cover. Ooops. My bad.

I also ordered my test kit yesterday so I'll be able to do my own testing instead of relying on their readings. I'm sure they do a great job but I want to know for myself.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread