My "Wife's" pool is about half-way complete. We have been very happy with all the contractors and progress. Since I am a DIY type (as I would guess most people on a forum are) I decided to NOT contract out the Jandy/Zodiac control system with the general pool contractor and avoid his markup. I will work with the electrical contractor directly to install the control system. The problem is I don't know exactly what I need and the electrical contractor is pushing the PDA Remote which I don't want. I think I need the RS-P8 which is the control board, the RS iAquaLink kit iQ20A to connect to the internet, the Power Center sub-panel (6614) and the necessary relays and actuators. I have a heat pump (I have electric solar panels) and a propane heater. The heat pump will use the priority logic since propane is really expensive. The pool is a 20k gallon zero edge with a spa. I will have a Jandy 2HP variable and a 2HP booster for the water effects. I decided to go with a cartridge filter.

I would really like someone to tell me how many actuators the RS-P8 will control in addition to the two pumps and two heaters. Do the two pumps and two heaters take up 4 controller spots leaving 4 relays/actuators for other controls? I would like to have extra "spots" to add other functions (lights/etc) in the future. What is the difference between the iQ900 and the iQ20-A and which one do I need?

Thanks ahead of time for the very interesting discussions I expect to read on this forum! Happy to join the Pool Forum!