+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WHite water mold- new pool owner

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: WHite water mold- new pool owner

Nothing you can do about the bleach now that it is in the pool. Adding 2 quarts of 8.25% bleach to 1500 gallons of water would have added about 27.5ppm of chlorine. Don't worry -- it will come down on its own.

Sigh-oh thank you Watermom. I was just reading about http://store.pinchapenny.com/product...tralizer?s=120 on their site- and if I don't have to go there that is great
    AG-Vinyl 1500 Gal 52 inch deep, 8 ft X 6 ft, intx "A" pump 637R, intex SWCG CS8110
    RayVac elec heater-ELS 552-2, skimmer. tayl 2006 in amaz cart -6 way strips atm

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Well it SHOULD kill all that white mold and those spider things!
    Carl

LMAO !!!!!! Carl, yes, yes it should. I'm lololing so hard right now
    AG-Vinyl 1500 Gal 52 inch deep, 8 ft X 6 ft, intx "A" pump 637R, intex SWCG CS8110

Well, I have Been working hard on my pool, keeping it clean, & testing 3 times a day. Also, shutting down the pump in the morning to let sediment fall before vacuuming, brushing and skimming-then turning it back on for the night.
    My PH dropped to 7.6 watermom the chlorine is still unreadable- getting less and less blackish sediment. very clear water. Waiting on my K2006 & waders- I need to change that filter- have 7 of them. 60 degrees is tooooo cold to change them- It would probably put me into a flareup- If that happens i'd be down and out for a few weeks.

I have a QUESTION: Is the TSP ( trisodium phosphate ) the red box. Is it a good/safe filter cleaning product ?? I read POOLDOCS ( Bens) post on it. Want some other input. Thanks.
    ALL is well CARL, EXCEPT: my SPIDER ALIEN FRIENDS FROM hell
    They are now skipping on top of the water-Not as many, But~~~~ I have taken up a collection jar, as they are a little bigger and more defined. i.e. ( legs and antennas) I plan on dumping them on a black napkin and taking a photo, S@@N. UGH ! As long as they reside walking on my water, I won't be doing any hydro-therapy. I'm very upset about this. And am thinking of taking pool down if they don't DISAPPEAR. 7 years of saving for this. But, I will give it more time. :/ Appreciate any comments.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

If you cannot get a chlorine reading then you almost certainly are seeing it consumed faster than you are adding it. Not sure what to suggest on the filters. Usually Intex filters can be washed and reused several times, but if you cannot get them out because of the water temp...you'll need someone to do it for you under your direction. But you don't need to change them until they clog up and the flow slows down.
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Watermom View Post
    I am sorry but I'm unfamiliar with TSP so can't offer you any advice in regards to its use. Hopefully someone else will have some knowledge about it.
    I don't either.
    Carl

THanks- going out to do pool business now- Carl my chlorine is still HIGH - 20 ppm or better. filter flow is fine-
    I get the K2006 and waders in 3 days. My filters are fine- I just LIKE to change them alot- 1/2 as much to vacuum up today in just the corners and the surface aliens are not many 10-12 maybe > o.O Thanks for answering you 2. have a great night- I'll update you

Do you have a pressure gauge on your filter? I'm guessing not, but if you do, you shouldn't change/clean your filter till it goes up 5psi from when it's clean. You can soak the filters in electric dishwasher detergent, which doesn't suds, then rinse them off and they should be clean and reusable.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread