+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Salt Water Chlorine Generator for New Pool Build

Default Re: Salt Water Chlorine Generator for New Pool Build

Well, it’s been a while and I thought I’d post an update. We just signed our contract yesterday and paid the deposit. Now we’re waiting on HOA approval and we can get underway. Woohoo!

As for the chlorinator, I’m now leaning toward the AutoPilot. There seems to be amenities that are going to be convenient for our situation that the Hayward doesn’t offer…at least not that I could find. One feature is temperature compensation since we’ll be running the spa pretty much year round, and another is that it will be able to run at low speeds. I think I’m going to have another chat session with Poolsean to see if this will work for our needs.

I found out yesterday for our pipes not to freeze over the colder months, the builder will set our pump speed to run very slowly to keep water moving thru the pipes. I need to nail this part of it down a little bit more because I don’t know if the pump is set to run continually or just when the temperature is below freezing. If it’s running continually I’m not sure what this will do to our electrical bill, or the equipment for that matter, but I guess we’re going to find out.

But for now, I think the AutoPilot is what we’ll be going with….just have to convince the CFO now.

Congratulations on signing! Thanks for the update.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Congrats on taking the next step.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Good luck with it!
    Carl

Good evening all,

Hope everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving. Just wanted to continue my update and let you know where we are in our process.

We finally got approval from our HOA and we’re getting ready to pull the permit for the build. Landscaping is holding up the process a bit, but we should have that wrapped up in the next week.

For what I’ve been doing since the last time I’ve updated, been emailing with PoolSean a bit and have decided to go with the AutoPilot . Didn’t really have to twist the CFO’s arm either. The main reason for going with the AutoPilot basically comes down to it being able to generate chlorine at low temps and continue working at low speeds as mentioned earlier. With our keeping the spa working thru the winter months, these features will come in handy. I’m not sure if the Hayward Aquarite is capable of these features, but I believe I gave them every opportunity to put their hand in the pot and explain what great features they offer.

I’ve been researching robotic pool cleaners, also, I will be posting a new thread soon in the appropriate forum so please, everyone who has experience/input, throw your knowledge in. I’ve researched about 3 that I like so far.

Also, I’d like to start posting pics for anyone who’s interested in seeing our progress once it actually starts to happen, but I am not too sure how/where to do that. I read somewhere on here how to post pics but I can’t remember where, either. I know it involves the use of Photobucket which I just created an account. Any help on that? Once I start posting our progress, is there a limit as to how much I can upload? I don’t want to overdo it and get my hand slapped by Ben. 

Thanks for everyone’s input so far. Still have a long way to go, and I hope you’ll all stick with me.

Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing pics.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Looking forward to seeing your pics! Exciting!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

For those still interested, we've started. I've created a post where I'll show our progress with photos. Here's the link:

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...536#post129536

Anonymous [GDPR] European in the UK Guest

From friends advice 20yrs a chlorinator seller/repairer, if your water is soft then you don't need a self cleaning cell as the self clean shortens the life of the cell but if your water is hard then self clean can be useful. Any comments from others?

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot View Post
    From friends advice 20yrs a chlorinator seller/repairer, if your water is soft then you don't need a self cleaning cell as the self clean shortens the life of the cell but if your water is hard then self clean can be useful. Any comments from others?
    Thanks for the input Teapot. The water in our neck of the woods is actually quite hard. Harder than our last house which I thought was pretty bad.

+ Reply to Thread