+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Salt Water Chlorine Generator for New Pool Build

Default Re: Salt Water Chlorine Generator for New Pool Build

Quote Originally Posted by Watermom View Post
    Actually, I noticed a few days ago that it was closed and re-opened it for you.
    Thanks Watermom! Read your post on the future of PF. I really hope this site doesn't go away.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Me, too.

Me, three!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    Giordano's can call it "Sicilian Ambrosia" but it ain't pizza--and I can't wait to get it again in just a few weeks!

There's LOTS of good food in Chicago...lots! I'd never say otherwise. I'm no hot dog connoisseur so I'll wimp out on THAT argument!
    Next time you're in Chi-town, look me up. Pizza and beer on me!!!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Last edited by Toybuilder; 04-18-2015 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Whoops! Just noticed I put this in the wrong thread. Ugh.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    I found out yesterday for our pipes not to freeze over the colder months, the builder will set our pump speed to run very slowly to keep water moving thru the pipes. I need to nail this part of it down a little bit more because I don’t know if the pump is set to run continually or just when the temperature is below freezing. If it’s running continually I’m not sure what this will do to our electrical bill, or the equipment for that matter, but I guess we’re going to find out.
    Normally in areas where you get a hard freeze people "close" their pool. This involves removing the water from the pipes so that busted pipes is a non issue. Unless you have a generator/UPS for the pool pump, relying on it running all winter is probably a bad idea. One power outage and you might have busted pipes.

Here's information on how to close a pool. You can also hire a pool guy to do it for you if you'd rather not DIY.
    Last edited by kelemvor; 04-20-2015 at 10:39 AM.
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

Quote Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
    Normally in areas where you get a hard freeze people "close" their pool. This involves removing the water from the pipes so that busted pipes is a non issue. Unless you have a generator/UPS for the pool pump, relying on it running all winter is probably a bad idea. One power outage and you might have busted pipes.

Here's information on how to close a pool. You can also hire a pool guy to do it for you if you'd rather not DIY.
    Thanks for the input. We are closing our pool down for the winter...but not our spa. Discussed this with the builder and he says that he's done this before. With the equipment and exposed piping inside the equipment building, and it being insulated, we should be ok. I hope. If worse comes to worse and it gets super cold, I'll put a small portable heater in there to keep things above freezing. Guess we'll see in a few months.

You are outta my league here on any advise, Toy... But I sure hope it works out. A spa post-close and pre-open sounds wonderful! I SO wish we had some kind, any kind of spa!!! So jealous!

+ Reply to Thread