+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re-Doing Pool Deck Sort of DIY'ish

Default Re-Doing Pool Deck Sort of DIY'ish

Redoing pool deck at a home I just purchased and have so far have just removed the old Chattahoochee Stone and repaired/prepared the concrete for a new deck finish.

The look/design I am going for is the textured pool deck type that looks like knockdown texture.

I say DIY'ish because I am getting some help for this (for example with a few of us with chipping hammers to remove the old pebble/river rock, polishing off the glue where in a part where the old indoor/outdoor carpet was).... but now we seem to be stuck as to what product to order for the texture.

Granted, a friend of mine who is sort of "in charge" of this project, and I trust, probably has a much better idea than I do but....
    I am finding out that some materials can only be applied to new concrete (which mine is not) but I am lost as to what product we need to be ordering and the cost.

Talk to me about any particular product/brand that can be applied for this knockdown texture finish. Tell me about bonding agents, sealers, etc.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Re-Doing Pool Deck Sort of DIY'ish

Removing Hoochy-Coochy stone?
    Carl

Question Re: Re-Doing Pool Deck Sort of DIY'ish

Do you plan on putting down a fresh layer of concrete first? Typically, when redoing a concrete surface, it is advisable to put down a fresh layer of concrete first. I'm not familiar with different knock-down texture materials, but I do know a few things about bonding new surfaces to old concrete. Without adequate surface prep of the old concrete, you risk having whatever you put down (tile, surface finishes, etc) debond.
    16k gal IG gunite PebbleTec (Caribbean Blue), 18' x 36' free form with raised spa/spillway and separate rock waterfall. All Pentair Equipment pad - 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr heater, QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, IntelliTouch/EasyTouch Controls

+ Reply to Thread