+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salt water closing kits?

Default Salt water closing kits?

Was checking out closing kits online and saw they had kits just for salt water, is there something special you need to add for them? This is are first year with salt water, worked out well for the most part. So what are they adding to these kits? Thanks
    18' x 36' Rectangle 22K gal IG vinyl pool, AquaRite SWCG, Hayward sand filter and 1.5 pump, hayward gas heater.

Default Re: Salt water closing kits?

I'm going to go out on a limb with my comment and say .... marketing ploy!!!

I can't imagine anything *special* one would have to add to their pools at closing time for a salt water pool. I would love to be proven wrong, but this smells like fear-marketing to me...
    16k gal IG gunite PebbleTec (Caribbean Blue), 18' x 36' free form with raised spa/spillway and separate rock waterfall. All Pentair Equipment pad - 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr heater, QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, IntelliTouch/EasyTouch Controls

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I am with you. No idea what you need that would be different for closing an SWCG pool. Then again, I have no idea what you need a closing kit for anyway, never having used or needed one.
    Carl

I've never used a "salt water kit" for closing. I use to buy a kit from my local pool store, and they had two choices; one for solid cover pools and one for mesh cover pools. The only difference between the kits was the mesh cover kit came with a bottle of phosphate remover (and of course was more expensive).

Now I just use bleach and 60% polyquat.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread