Thread: "Puckers"

Default "Puckers"

Good by pucks for I am becoming a BBB r. Thanks for all the info and I made my first $300.00 linked purchase to keep the lights on and will soon be up to my neck in borax. Now I will have two taylor's. The K2006C and the sweet ceder top 6 string cutaway.
    Good by Hayward in line feeder. Soon I will have some questions but for now I am still digesting my way up the leaning curve. How could I have a pool so long and be so.........? Now I wonder about the body. Smoking is bad and cold brew coffee is better. Now Ideas for an extra veins gravity drip feed liquid chlorine keep it simple device.
    Take care,
    Ananda

Ps. "One 3” (7oz) Tablet of Trichlor delivers approximately 5.495 ppm of available chlorine and 3.27 ppm of Cyanuric acid into 10,000 gallons of water. Trichlor contains 54.2% by weight of the chlorine carrier molecule Cyanuric acid, so every 8oz tablet of trichlor contains 4.336 oz of Cyanuric acid"

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: "Puckers"

LOL!

Took me a second to get the "Two Taylors"....for those who are unaware, a completely different "Taylor" makes very fine acoustic and acoustic-electric guitars, that compete with Martin, Gibson, Yamaha, and other makers of acoustic guitars.
    Carl

@ananda,

Keep those pucks as they are a handy way of increasing CYA when needed and good for use during vacations if you have the room in your stabilizer levels to afford it.

Also look up "chlorine Stenner pump" or "The Liquidator". Both are nice automation options for going full bleach and alleviating the burden of daily jug-dumping. Definitely something to consider investing in if you don't want to or can't go with an SWCG.

Just a suggestion from a fellow BBB noob With a salt water pool for what it's worth

The stenner looks interesting. Still something simple like a iv drip from a suspended 5 gal bucket with the right diameter hose and fittings. Really I bought 2 1/2 gal spring water that had a hole in it and leaked 1/2 a gal in two days before I recognized it all for free. How simple can you get.

If simple is what you're after, you could also consider installing a venturi Injector. You install it in your piping (after filter on your return line) and you let the flow of the pump draw in whatever chemical you want. They are used a lot with ozone systems to deliver a stream of ozone gas into the water but work just as well with liquid fluids. You can look them up online as well. The only additional equipment you'd need is a shutoff valve and, possibly, a metering valve to adjust fluid flow.

Anyway, just some ideas to consider. There's tons of ways to skin the cat of injecting chlorine. Just depends on how fancy you want to get. Good luck with your setup and, if/when I get approved for forum access as PF regulars (I'm still awaiting registration approval), I'd love to see your final setup.

A 2 1/2 or 5 gal chlorine jug disguised as a critter drips 24/7 above the return line. My friend is a nurse and she is coming over next weekend and iv drips patients all the time who need to be mobile and my pool never really goes anywhere.

Thanks Sunny. Soon as a can I will post some deep water pics of mermaid and seahorse, carbs and turtles that my friend made when I had the pool diamond brited.

Coming out of the closet I should just state from almost the beginning that I am a Rep. Being a lifetime member of the Surfrider Foundation and a ocean lover most of our kind have overwhelming desires to convert our pools into skateboarding arenas. It's not a business but rather a way of life with slogans like I'd rather be surfing or at the beach so in the back of my mind every additional maintaince cost comes the "drain and skate" finial solution. It came really close this time however the recent past upgrades won the day.
    Being a barefoot woodworker with a full shop by the pool it does work good as a sawdust remover but for swimming I can be in the Atlantic in 10 or 15 minuites. Anyway it is a personal dilemma better suited for poological counseling.

Take care,
    Ananda