+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air bubbles in pump basket

Default Air bubbles in pump basket

My friend's pool (see below for info) seems to consistently get small, circulating air bubbles in her pump basket. When I put her skimmer shut-off to half for a bit, the basket returns to full with no bubbles. A few hours later, same thing. Is this symptomatic of something?

~15K IG vinyl 1hp pump, Jacuzzi 225L filter
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Default Re: Air bubbles in pump basket

Suction side leak. Could even be the O-Ring on the gasket lid if she's lucky.
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

Oooh, thanks! I noticed the o-ring looked really dry.I tried to remove it to inspect it, but I couldn't even budge it! Will recommend getting a new one and then scrape away the old one, and replace. Sound like a plan?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

As an aside, it's funny. My own o-ring falls out every time I clean the basket. Pain in the patootie! Thank goodness I use skimmer socks!
    Last edited by FormerBromineUser; 09-15-2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Remove signature

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Oooh, thanks! I noticed the o-ring looked really dry.I tried to remove it to inspect it, but I couldn't even budge it! Will recommend getting a new one and then scrape away the old one, and replace. Sound like a plan?
    Yup. It should be soft and pliable.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    As an aside, it's funny. My own o-ring falls out every time I clean the basket. Pain in the patootie! Thank goodness I use skimmer socks!

Put some Pool and Spa Lube on it and it will hold it in place.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Hey. Could one of you hydraulics guys chime in on this thread if you have anything to add? Pool/Spa connection question: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...012#post128012 Thanks!!!

+ Reply to Thread