+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RobbyM70 pool install question

Default RobbyM70 pool install question

Quote Originally Posted by hrsdennis View Post
    Hi Dennis, Dennis here. For your purpose the cheaper of the two would be fine. I agree with the instructions you found, 2" of sand or 1 1/2" foam. 1" works if you have a smooth hard packed sand base to install it over. In your situation the 1 1/2" will be perfect.

1/2" should not make much difference in liner fit, you should be just fine not having a 2" base. I would much prefer to have the liner a little snug than have too much liner.

I spent a whole summer installing 48" beaded liners into 52" wall pools simply because they fit better. The hot Arizona sun is very nice for getting a little stretch out of a vinyl liner. Make use of some overhead sunshine and the whole job becomes easier.

A beaded liner installed correctly in the bead should not pull out, especially with the help of a little sunshine.

Later, Dennis
    sorry to hijack the thread but I couldn't help my curiosity. @ Dennis the installer...I'm looking at a liner replacement in the spring I think. We have a 30 foot aboveground pool with a 52 inch rail. Are you suggesting a 48 inch liner will work best? I believe we have a standard bead.

The pool's been in place for more than 20 years. The pad is off by an inch or so on one side. I was thinking it just needs to be regraded with sand. Is foam a must have or a nice to have or...what is your opinion. I've read on some other posts where foam is NOT recommended because it's too easy to poke a hole through the liner. In the end does it all come down to personal preference and individual experience?

Thanks.

@ Admin...split this off into a separate thread if you think it prudent.
    15,000 Gallon AG -24' round -- Vinyl Liner -- 1 HP Hayward Power Flow LX -- Sand Filter -- PF=5.5

Default Re: RobbyM70 pool install question

Thanks for moving this to it's own thread...

Bumping for reply !
    15,000 Gallon AG -24' round -- Vinyl Liner -- 1 HP Hayward Power Flow LX -- Sand Filter -- PF=5.5

+ Reply to Thread