+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are the chances of getting a 27 foot pool up and filling within 10-12 hours?

DennisP is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst DennisP 0

Default What are the chances of getting a 27 foot pool up and filling within 10-12 hours?

So, I got the area finished where the pool will go, it is level within +/- 1/8". It was a major pain getting it that close, but it is solid.

Now, I have all day tomorrow before 10pm to get the pool up and start filling it. What chances do I have to accomplish it?

Here is what I am putting up:

Sharkline Morada RTR 27' x 54" pool
    Hardline plumbing is already run to the pool location (remote equipment pad like an in-ground has)
    I am installing dual main drains (I need to dig a hole for each drain, a trench for the piping, which is no big deal, and once I have them set where I want them to be I will be pouring a bunch of quick-set concrete around them to solidify them in place)
    I will be putting in 1.5" poly foam flooring (so I have to cut the panels for the main drain and for the shape and tape them together)
    I will also be putting in a foam wall covering as well as foam cove.

I am using bead receivers and a beaded liner.

I won't have lots of assistance until 4pm, so I am pretty much on my own for most of the day. I will have some limited assistance to hold the wall and such at around noon, but I am doing the majority of the "heavy lifting" on this.

I should have 82-85 degree temps and clear weather and sun all day, so I figure getting the liner in at 3-4pm and hoping to start filling by 4-5pm. That way I should have have sun for another two and a half hours while it is filling.

So, is this doable?

They are forecasting thunderstorms tomorrow evening and isolated thunderstorms for most of thursday/friday. The weekend looks good again, and I will have plenty of assistance, so should I just wait???

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: What are the chances of getting a 27 foot pool up and filling within 10-12 hours?

I can only guess: NFW--No falutin' way! Wait for the weekend. Heck! Wait for SPRING--You're in Wisconsin!
    Carl

Default Re: What are the chances of getting a 27 foot pool up and filling within 10-12 hours?

Well, I didn't get the pool up... I spent some more time getting more crushed limestone down and building up the outside...

But, I did get the main drains installed...

Pics:

Getting the main drains setup wasn't as bad as I thought it could have been... It still took a good hour and a half including the concrete, but overall it turned out great... They are both parallel, even and level...

Once the pool is up this weekend I will basically get the rest of the plumbing finished.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Dude!
    Will you build my next pool?
    Looks great - good luck.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Dude!
    Will you build my next pool?
    Looks great - good luck.
    +1!

Looking good.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Well, I got the pool up... The foam floor was kinda a PITA overall... but it turned out good, as it is great to walk on...

The main drains turned out awesome as well...

But, it would seem like I have too much material across the pool and not enough side to side... But I will have to wait for the sun tomorrow to assess that, as I stopped filling it for the evening...

I figure I will fill it tomorrow with the sun out... Maybe it will all fall into place and if not I figure I might be able to bunch some of it around the cove on the ends that it is too long... Unless it pulls together I am going to be a little upset...

But, for the most part, it is 90% done... I still need to put the top rails on and the upper and lower cuffs, but the rest of it is in, the bonding is done and I just have the plumbing for the skimmer and returns to plumb tomorrow as well as install the skimmer and returns...

Personally I would have felt better if it was all needing to be stretched a bit, but with this excess it is hard to see it fitting properly at all, and I was meticulous about making sure it was 27ft from post to post to verify it was perfectly round, as well as making sure the depth was proper as well. The liner fits the bead receivers perfectly as in no stretch at all, it fits perfect...

Maybe it just needs to fill with water and will just "fill out"???

Oh well, not much else to do until it fills...

I forgot to mention, I got the floor perfect, as in no wrinkles, the slope to the main drains is without wrinkles, just everything turned out great except for the extra on the ends...

Pic of the foam floor before final taping:

+ Reply to Thread