Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taylor k2006

Default Taylor k2006

Just received my k 2006 kit today. What are the numbers u should be looking for.
    We have 20x 36 in ground vinyl liner saltwater.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Taylor k2006

Congrats on the new kit! It is a great kit but the book and wheel that come with it are not. Here are some testing demo videos that are helpful. Watch them and then test and post your numbers along with the volume of your pool and someone here will help you tweak them. Also, tell use exactly what all you have added to your pool so far, meaning ingredients and not just product names like 'shock.'

http://pool9.net/K2006-vid/

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

(Until your registration is completed, you won't be able to see the rest of the forum or follow links while you are logged in. So, copy that link and paste it into a browser window after you first log out.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

We can also explain how to make those confusing tests much simpler.

Oh, don't bother with the Acid Demand or Base Demand tests. You (and we) hardly ever need them. Personally, I've never needed them in 15 years of pool ownership.
    Carl

Ok final got to use the k 2006 here are my results:
    FC= 1 ppm
    CC= .5ppm
    PH= +8.0
    TA= 30 ppm
    CH= 80 ppm
    CYA= dot never did disappered.
    So after reading the forums I'm guessing them numbers aren't good. So where should I start.?
    Last edited by no clue; 09-01-2014 at 08:27 PM.

I have a 21k saltwater pool with 1 skimmer, 2 bottom drains, 4 returns.
    Pentair 1 hp single speed superflo pump
    Pentair sd80 sandfilter
    Pentair ultr a temp heat pump
    Pentair intelclor40.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

OK. There's a relationship between FC and CYA. With NO CYA, 1ppm of FC will be pretty effective......but it will break down in sunshine in as little as 15 minutes.
    Different levels of CYA require appropriate levels of FC...see the "Best Guess Table"

http://poolsolutions.com/gd/best-gue...ine-chart.html

Your pH is too high. You'll need to either add Muriatic Acid or Dry Acid to lower it down to the 7.2-7.8 range.

TECHNICALLY, your T/A is too low...but since your pH is very high I wouldn't even ATTEMPT to adjust it unless you find pH keeps trending low (it's now too high).
    CH is FINE! You have a vinyl pool so low CH isn't a problem. Do NOT be talked into adding Calcium to increase it.

All in all, your numbers aren't as bad as you thought.
    Carl

Ok thanks carl. Pool was just installed 3 weeks ago, the installers put 1 gallon of Champion pool shock in it X2 the first week. Thursday of last week o put 1/2 gallon of tranchem muriatic acid in it. Should I put the rest in tonight?

I don't know what Champion pool shock is, but I'm guessing it's calcium hypochlorite--Cal-hypo, which tends to push pH up, since your pH is high.

However, if it was di-chlor, that tends to be a bit acidic (which you need) and adds CYA, which you also need.

Is Tranchem a brand of Muriatic Acid? Regular, ordinary Muriatic acid is what you need, not the "green" or fumeless. Personally, I'd fill a 5 gallon bucket with pool water most of the way, add the acid to that (SLOWLY!), and then add that to the pool. Wear gloves, eye protection, long clothes and do NOT breath the fumes!

Can you find out what the Champion stuff is? ("Shock" is misused by pool chem companies to hide the ingredients and make it sound "special". It's a verb meaning to raise your pool's chlorine to high levels, not a noun. What they call "shock" is merely chlorine, usually Cal-Hypo, Di-chlor or extra-strength bleach--"Liquid Shock")
    Carl

I will look at the champion brand shock when I get home tonight.Transchem is the brand of the muriatic acid bought at the hardware store. It is Judy a regular muriatic acid.

The champion brand "pool" shock list the ingredients as:
    12.5% sodium hypochlorite
    Inert ingredients 87.5%