+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help with identification.

Question Need help with identification.

Can anyone tell me what brand this pool might be? The previous owner left me NO paperwork. "It was lost in the move." Right.
    Attached Images
    Kevin
    15x30 oval AG Pool. Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump. Hayward 16" sand filter. Taylor K2006 test kit.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Need help with identification.

It appears to be a generic 15'x30' oval above-ground pool. Unless the pool is VERY new, it is quite likely that any warranty on it, either the structure or the liner, has either expired or is so amortized as to be minor. If you need parts, that may be more problematic.

I wish I could help more.
    Carl

As far as I know, the pool is 6 years old. The listing for this place called it an "Ocean Sapphire" pool. Or something like that.
    Kevin
    15x30 oval AG Pool. Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump. Hayward 16" sand filter. Taylor K2006 test kit.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Kevin, can your realtor contact the previous owner and ask them where they bought the pool? If you know that, they might be able to tell you what type it is. Just a thought.

I think they bought it from Namco on close out.
    Kevin

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Why are you trying to figure out the manufacturer? Are there broken / missing parts?
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

It has a leak somewhere. Was quoted $400 to find it. Then there is the cost to fix. Trying to determine if it's worth it.
    Kevin

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Wow! If the leak is from the liner, the hardest part is finding it, but you can make repairs yourself even under water.

If the leak if from the plumbing, there's NO reason on an AG pool to not locate it and fix it. Above Ground Pool plumbing is rarely complicated.

Finding a leak requires a dye, like "Find A Leak" (one brand). Some are even fluorescent but I've not used them. You find the likeliest area by searching for where it's wet outside the pool. Turn off the pump and let the water get very still. Add the dye and wait. If it's near the leak in 10-30 minutes it should collect at the leak point.

Then you patch it.

Plumbing leaks should be easier to find unless you have buried pipes. Look for drips.
    Carl

The leak is not from the plumbing, I've already checked. It just seems like I'm losing too much to evap. Like 1/2 to 3/4 inch per day. Can the bucket test be done if the bucket isn't in the water? My ladder won't accommodate a bucket. We've also had very little rain this summer, which I'm is a contributor to all of the water I've had to add.
    Kevin

The bucket test shows vividly whether the pool level is going down faster than the bucket level. If the water level's going down but the bucket's water level isn't, you have a leak. If they go down the same, it's evaporation.

1/2 to 3/4 is a lot for the NE. Can you see any wetter spots around the pool?
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread