+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ben's Best Guess Chart on Poolcenter!

Default Ben's Best Guess Chart on Poolcenter!

I received an email from poolcenter.com about new thinking on stabilizer use (of course here we know it's not new ) and they've quoted Ben's Best Guess Chart as well as info from our Chemgeek.

Is this a sign that some stores are coming around?

http://blog.poolcenter.com/article.a...4&scode=PCEV64
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Default Re: Ben's Best Guess Chart on Poolcenter!

Pretty cool, I hope Ben agrees!
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

chem geek is offline PF Supporter Whibble Konker chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars

They incorrectly attribute me having to do with Ben's Best Guess Chart. Ben created that chart on his own. I used the implied algae inhibition levels from the chart to make my own with consistent HOCl level at TFP. Also, it's Bob Lowry, not Neil, and Bob's article had a lot taken from info I've written here and at TFP (I even reviewed his document before he published it).
    15.5'x32' rectangle 16K gal IG concrete pool; 12.5% chlorinating liquid by hand; Jandy CL340 cartridge filter; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; 8hrs; Taylor K-2006 and TFTestkits TF-100; utility water; summer: automatic; winter: automatic; ; PF:7.5

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I am not impressed with that company. I recently went to buy something on line, and got their quote on shipping, but as soon as I actually put in the payment info, the shipping jumped $10--on an item that fits in an envelope! I did not complete the order. I don't like that tactic to plump up a lower price.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    I am not impressed with that company. I recently went to buy something on line, and got their quote on shipping, but as soon as I actually put in the payment info, the shipping jumped $10--on an item that fits in an envelope! I did not complete the order. I don't like that tactic to plump up a lower price.
    I have ordered a few things from them. Fortunately I didn't have the issue you had.

I am glad to see them putting Ben's Best Guess Chart out there.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Do they have Ben and Rich's permission to republish that? If not then I believe it's not right to use it.
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Ben is aware and checking into it.

+ Reply to Thread