+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liner install with bead receiver

DennisP is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst DennisP 0

Default Liner install with bead receiver

So the liner we will be installing is a standard beaded liner and I have purchased the bead receiver strips that hang over the top of the wall to connect the liner to. Does anyone tape the receivers to prevent water from getting behind the liner?

I am installing a foam wall covering as well and with kids in the pool and lots of splashing an roughhousing I can definitely see water being splashed at the rail level at times and what is to prevent water from working between the bead receiver strips and going behind the liner?

I was thinking I was going to have to tape all the bead receivers together as I installed them?

On an overlap or j-bead liner, you don't have this issue, since water cannot get behind either one. But with bead receivers and a beaded liner, I would imagine it is a real concern?

DennisP is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst DennisP 0

Default Re: Liner install with bead receiver

Hmmm, so no-body worries about this with a steel-walled pool???

I just installed my first liner a month or so ago. It was an inground standard beaded liner. Mine just snapped into the track that's under the coping. I can tell you that I have a35 plus year old pool with just plywood walls and they were in surprisingly good shape. I will say that I just used the 3M spray adhesive from home Depot to install my foam and it worked perfectly. I know it's not recommended but I just used the spray and overlapped my foam. After the pool was filled I can't really tell where I overlapped. Good luck
    16' x 32' IG, 22K, 1HP sand filter

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I'm about to embark on a similar trek as okcnewbie in a few weeks. I'm going to replace the "Space Age" walls that were supposed to last a lifetime (I guess they meant a dog's lifetime). Planning on using underlayment-grade 3/4 PT plywood. Local lumber yard has the stuff and it's far, FAR better than the garbage Home Depot sells. I'm planning on priming it with Kilz indoor/outdoor primer, installing it, then letting it sit for 3 months before properly painting it. I won't install the liner until the spring as there's no point. Come spring, I'll use your idea of 3m spray adhesive and wall foam under the liner, and re-level and clean up the sand base.

Big job....
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread