+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue tooth speakers

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

Default Blue tooth speakers

Anyone ever used one of the floating bluetooth pool speakers I have seen around? Are they any good? Anyone have any other bluetooth speakers they have used near the pool, or any other speaker set-up you would recommend? Would like to jam to the 80's while I'm in the pool and really embarrass my kids. Thanks.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Blue tooth speakers

Nope.

But what I did was install outdoor speakers near the pool, run wiring inside to an amplifier, and attache a powered Blue Tooth receiver by Motorola (DC 800) to it. My Android phone can broadcast music to the Motorola, which then pumps it through the amp and speakers. Use the phone to control the volume. My speakers are up under the eaves to protect them from the weather.
    Carl

I could run some speakers under the eaves, that would be easy enough.

Can you use your phone from your pool? Not sure the reach of bluetooth. I know my car's bluetooth connection to my phone is only a few feet.

I have some regular indoor speakers under my eaves. The stereo is indoors. Bluetooth will run maybe 20-30' reliably if there are no walls to travel through. My stereo doesn't do Bluetooth but I got a little Bluetooth -> RCA adapter that plugs into the stereo. Sound quality over a wire is noticeably better than Bluetooth but I find BT acceptable.

Careful, though. I've lost more than one phone to my pool!

I think the Galaxy S5 is advertised as being waterproof.

The speakers are falling apart badly, but they've been outdoors for 4 years and they're not outdoor speakers. Particle board. Also, around here the hole for the "woofer" lets critters get in. I occasionally have to clear wasp nests out of the speakers.
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post

I think the Galaxy S5 is advertised as being waterproof.

The speakers are falling apart badly, but they've been outdoors for 4 years and they're not outdoor speakers. Particle board. Also, around here the hole for the "woofer" lets critters get in. I occasionally have to clear wasp nests out of the speakers.
    There are waterproof bags designed for Galaxies and iPhones from camping stores.

Indoor speakers are a mistake outdoors. And you know why! There are fine outdoor speakers that don't cost a fortune. My personal favorites are Boston Acoustic Voyagers, but that's pure opinion.
    Carl

We have a lot of wasps too, and they find there way into anything that pleases them. Thanks for the advice, it is much apreciated and will be put to good use.

+ Reply to Thread