+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Clear, but no chlorine???

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Clear, but no chlorine???

Sounds like you are done. To be safe, maybe one more day and then let chlorine drift down. Then you should be good to go and we can wrap up this incredibly long thread! Good luck!

mary jo is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst mary jo 0

Thanks again. It's been a long 3 weeks and I appreciate all the help.
    Last edited by mary jo; 09-06-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    15K gal, 15x30 rectangular, in-ground, vinyl liner, Pentair ¾ HP Whisperflo on 24/7, Pentair Cartridge Filter(CCP240), Heater (gas), Automatic Pool Cover

Hey. While you're in wait mode, would you humor me and test your fill water? Not CYA, but the rest. You might have done this before and if so, please just repost those numbers. Thanks.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Hey. While you're in wait mode, would you humor me and test your fill water? Not CYA, but the rest. You might have done this before and if so, please just repost those numbers. Thanks.
    Just curious.... already thinking about next year for current high CYA and especially CH
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Quote Originally Posted by mary jo View Post
    ... The FC has been dropping approx. 2 points during the day and 0-1 overnight. The CC has also been dropping!
    Yesterday morning FC=22 CC=0.5.
    Yesterday early evening (5:45pm due to rain) FC=20 CC=0. I double checked using a 25ml water sample to be sure and the FC=20.2 CC=0

This morning tested @ 8:30 FC=19 CC=0.
    YAY! -> Jumping up and down, screaming YAY!

No more need to test more than daily. Let the FC keep coming down to 10 or 11 and don't let it get below 8 ever.

Congratulations!

@BigDave: Thanks again for your patience. Yes, the family was quite happy. It was a very splashy weekend…. and an incredible learning experience. As my daughter says: "You guys are awesome".

@FBU: pool stats (from this morning): FC=15.5 CC=0 pH=7.8 TA=150 CH=625
    15K gal, 15x30 rectangular, in-ground, vinyl liner, Pentair ¾ HP Whisperflo on 24/7, Pentair Cartridge Filter(CCP240), Heater (gas), Automatic Pool Cover

Congratulations!!!
    Thanks for the test results but I'd really like to see your fill water numbers from your hose when you have time. All but CYA.

@FBU: got- it. hose water numbers: CL=0 CH=360 pH=7.4 TA=300 I'm reading about pool closing now- in the past never did anything but shock w/ 2 bags of powder, then let the pool guys blow out lines and shut everything down for the winter.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Did your closing method work?
    Carl

Not sure: My pool opened this spring w/ very clear water and so in that respect, yes….but that was pre-BBB thinking. Now that I know a bit more about my pool's chemistry and the FC/CYA connection, I know not to shock with the bags of powder so I'll use enough bleach to reach FC=30. I also wanted to find out if my high CYA needs to be accounted for in some way. I'm not sure what the CYA was last year or this spring because the pool guy told me not to worry about it- which I now know was a huge mistake.

+ Reply to Thread