+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Ducks!

Default Dirty Ducks!

Okay, I have a pair of ducks that swam on my tarp before I removed it and now have made a home in my pool. I do not know what to do to keep them from coming back. We yell and chase them off, I have two dolphins toys and a turtle toy floating in it and nothing scares them. I need some ideas please.

tundraSQ is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst tundraSQ 0

Default Re: Dirty Ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by tysmom
    Okay, I have a pair of ducks that swam on my tarp before I removed it and now have made a home in my pool. I do not know what to do to keep them from coming back. We yell and chase them off, I have two dolphins toys and a turtle toy floating in it and nothing scares them. I need some ideas please.
    hmmmmmm.....in the cartoons they used to use a shotgun.

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

BAD for pool liners !! Got to get them in the air.
    Al

I wish I had an idea for you, but I do hope you find something. We had some ducks nest in my hidh school courtyard some years ago, and the ducklings all died from drinking chlorinated tap water that a science teacher put out.

Let us know how it turns out.

This is an above ground pool and I currently have it running it pretty high cholorine b/c it's still cloudy (we haven't been in it yet b/c the temps have been so cool and the water has just now started to clear up.

Before we pulled the cover, the female laid an egg on the deck of the pool!!!! I have been worried about their safety in the cholorine and about our safety with duck poo in our pool !!!

I couldn't shoot b/c I'd miss and I'd shoot my eye out! (besides the fact they're pretty and remind me of my aunt Gladys the way they waddle ).

I did find another toy in the garage I've thrown in the pool-- a big pink hippo. Maybe he'll scare them off

tundraSQ is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst tundraSQ 0

Quote Originally Posted by tysmom
    This is an above ground pool and I currently have it running it pretty high cholorine b/c it's still cloudy (we haven't been in it yet b/c the temps have been so cool and the water has just now started to clear up.

Before we pulled the cover, the female laid an egg on the deck of the pool!!!! I have been worried about their safety in the cholorine and about our safety with duck poo in our pool !!!

I couldn't shoot b/c I'd miss and I'd shoot my eye out! (besides the fact they're pretty and remind me of my aunt Gladys the way they waddle ).

I did find another toy in the garage I've thrown in the pool-- a big pink hippo. Maybe he'll scare them off

LMAO...yes I'm sure the big pink Hippo is the missing piece to the puzzle..

just picturing elmer fudd....be vawwy vawwy quiet...we are hunting wabbits....

but if that dosn't work you could try the governments approach to terrorists...LOUD ROCK MUSIC...play it 24/7

Can you borrow a dog from a friend for a few days? It's worth a try.

We have a beach at a local lake that our town uses for swimming. We have had a Canadian Goose problem there for years, and they use dog patrols as well as some sort of goose repellent that they spray on the sand...not sure what it's called.

Call your local environmental protection/wildlife management agency...they may have some sort of solution for you too.

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

My sister had a duck that laid eggs on the side of her pool. After the eggs hatched, they left.
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Well, it's 5:00 pm and so far no ducks...could it be the pink hippo????

The dog idea is worth a try if they come back. However, they seem pretty content to keep swimming in the pool despite my three screaming children running around in the backyard. Maybe they feel safe b/c it's above ground and it has those side thingys on it.

My children broke the egg, despite several warnings not to touch it and it was not in a nest or anything, just right out on my metal pool deck. It almost seemed like an accidental drop ???

Well, see if they stay away through the evening...

Okay, either the ducks took my advice and moved to the pond a few miles away or my pink hippo smiling up in the air has scared them off once and for all.

+ Reply to Thread