+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will a Krystal Clear Sand Pump and Saltwater System work for my pool?

Default Re: Will a Krystal Clear Sand Pump and Saltwater System work for my pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Read the manual to the SWCG. It will have a parts diagram. If it shows a copper electrode, see if you can SAFELY unhook the wires inside the control box. MAKE SURE the unit is UNPLUGGED before opening the control unit or attempting to disconnect the copper electrode.

Pappy
    What is the purpose in the electrode? Does it have anything to do with changing the salt to chlorine?

Pappy is offline PF Supporter Widget Weaver Pappy 0

Default Re: Will a Krystal Clear Sand Pump and Saltwater System work for my pool?

Copper has nothing to do with the chlorine. It adds copper to your pool to help control algae. If all your swimmers are dark headed and don't color their hair (or if they like green hair), AND if you plan to drain the pool at the end of the season, it probably won't be an issue. However, over time, enough copper will build up in your water to start staining the pool liner.

Pappy
    Intex 15ftx4ft 4500 gal. 3/4 HP Pentair WhisperFlo pump. Hayward 21" sand filter. Taylor K-2006 & K-1106 kits. PF=27

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Copper has nothing to do with the chlorine. It adds copper to your pool to help control algae. If all your swimmers are dark headed and don't color their hair (or if they like green hair), AND if you plan to drain the pool at the end of the season, it probably won't be an issue. However, over time, enough copper will build up in your water to start staining the pool liner.

Pappy
    Thanks for explaining that. Pappy. We're all light headed and greens really not our color, so I think we'll try to figure out how to disconnect it. We also plan to leave it up year round, so I don't want an issues with the liner. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    Please post info on what you found . . . and how it works.

This is a topic many are interested in, but about which there's not lots of good info.

Here are the parts I have ordered:
    http://www.amazon.com/GAME-4552-Skim.../dp/B004TY7S26
    http://www.amazon.com/GAME-4550-Filt.../dp/B004TN6EEU

I will update once we receive the items and get them connected.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by inhope View Post
    I will update once we receive the items and get them connected.
    Thanks.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

inhope, I hate to put a damper on your plans, but you should know that many above-ground pool manufacturers, especially of metal pools, will void the warranty if you install an SWCG. You may want to read your warranty carefully.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread