+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can a liner hole heal iteslf?

Question Can a liner hole heal iteslf?

Hi,
    I'm new here and am still new at this pool owner thing. Last fall i had a leak in my pool- I thought it was either around the jet/filter areas or my dog had scratched a hole into the steps. Either way I had the pool winterized and the cover put on by professionals only to find in the middle of winter that my cover caved in- the pool was EMPTY to about 3 feet in the deep end!!! Needless to say the dog was off the hook!!! Well- I didn't have the $ to fix it this year so I figured a new liner was in my future next spring because a local pool company told me the liner was "too shrunk" to be repaired. i just went out there to now find that my pool is holding water up to the shallow end and has filled itself with all the rain we've been getting. My question is: can a liner "heal itself" with the summer heat? Should I try filling it with my hose bit by bit to see if it is fine? The liner is shrunk in several spots but I thought if I go slowly then I would reduce the risk of tearing it. Any thoughts/advice???

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Can a liner hole heal iteslf?

It can't heal it self, but small holes can get plugged with dirt. This tends to last only till someone's foot . . . or a pool brush, dislodges the dirt.

Filling a pool with a shrunken liner is a good way to rip the liner. And a ripped liner will expose the under-liner surface to damage. I haven't seen your pool so I can't be sure, but it's probably better to wait, till you can replace the liner.

. . . membership updated.

+ Reply to Thread