+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PH levels

Default Re: PH levels

I just brushed it still has settlement but looks a little less. I bushed it all to the deep end again and it's not as cloudy as it was after I did it yesterday but at this point I don't know. I added another 121 oz of bleach to keep up the FC today. I just feel at this point it's all for not being that we are going to get killed with rain the next 3 to 4 days. Not happy...I'm ready to give up.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Don't give up. Give the filter time to do its job. Is the pressure rising? Backwash as needed.

Even when it rains, get out there and maintain the chlorine levels or you'll start back at square one. We see all the time people who have algae after rain and assume it is caused by the rain. Nope. Caused by people who don't want to get wet to go out and check their pool!

Don't give up my fellow south NJ friend. You're on the right path. The rain won't make any difference other than you'll get wet. But hey, that's why you own a pool anyway right ? Yeah, this weekend is gonna be a washout. At least you'll not be loosing any more swimming time while you're clearing up the pool. Keep your pump running 24/7 and keep your cleaner running. I bet when the the rain is gone, the sun will be sparkling over your pool.

f.w.i.w. You're story sounds very much like what I experienced a couple weeks ago. I let my FC drop lower than usual. This was done a bit intentionally because I've been trying find out how much FC level I need to keep in my pool clear. Once my reading was about 7.5, I noticed some cloudiness in the deep end. I hit hard with a good shock and kept my pump running. I caught it early and I took about 2 days to clear fully. Now, it looks great.

You'll get there soon. Be patient.
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit. PF=6

Thanks. I scrubbed this am and vacuumed this evening. My FC was 15 not much sun today so will see what it looks like tomorrow. The pressure wasn't very high but I backwashed anyway to be sure. I did notice the ladder in the deep end that I brushed yesterday had a lot of yellowish green on it again this afternoon so not really sure I've even killed the algae yet? Not sure how it's possible with the FC level as high as it's been the last 3 days.

It could be the ladder was were the algae started and is still clinging on for dear life. Maybe you could take it out and clean it real good. Leave it out until the pool clears. That way you're taking it away from the whole equation.

Also, search the forum about adding a small amount of DE to your sand filter to give it an extra cleaning boost.
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit. PF=6

Looked good went I got home tonight will see what happens tomorrow.

Good news is the pool is clear and looks good no dark spots. Bad news I still notice settlement. I vacuumed and back washed yesterday. I checked again today by brushing and it's less but still have the settlement. Do I still have a algae problem?

FC 7.5
    CC0
    CYA 45
    PH 8.0

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Ok. It was 6.8 FC and 0 cc tonight. Will see what happens tomorrow in the am.

+ Reply to Thread