+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 reads 20

Default 2006 reads 20

Had to do some cleaning up due to a pool leak. Leak is fixed but stabilizer is on 20 maybe because 2006 wont go lower. I guess add more stabilizer and wait? What else is there I can do? My cl is 4.0. I have the stabilizer is that the right direction to go? Had a lot of algae so I had to scrub its gone now. I used liquid 12.5
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: 2006 reads 20

When is the last time you have either added CYA directly or used trichlor or dichlor?

added 1.5 lbs cya 5 days ago I do have tricolor tabs though but I haven't used since bbb. I could use the floater for a week and check it and when it comes back I could stop and go back to bbb. BTW thanks for getting back
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Am I remembering correctly that you will soon be leaving for a 2 or 3 week vacation? If that is right, you might want to use some trichlor while you are gone.

leaving in 2 months preparing now, don't want to be caught off guard, But ok I will add the triclor for now thank you Watermom

Oh. I thought you were leaving sooner. IF you do decide to use the tabs now, keep an eye on your pH. It is very acidic and will drive your pH down.

A couple other options instead of using the trichlor now:

1) Go ahead and add a little bit more stabilizer directly to get to around 45-50 and then use the tabs while you are on vacation. If you do this, you will want to leave a little wiggle room for the tabs to add some CYA while you are using them.

2) If you have any, use some dichlor now which will add CYA and chlorine. Again, if you do this, leave some room for the CYA to increase a little if you plan to use the tabs while you are gone.

Choices, choices.

One other thing, if you do use trichlor while you are gone, you'll want to raise your pH up to the upper 7s so that if it does drop while the tabs are being used, and it will, it won't go below 7.0.

Thanks so much Watermom, I wasn't really crazy about using the tabs but now I can do so safely....Thanks again..Dave G

One last thing I'm gonna watch my cya. I put in 1 tab to check it out. Is there a way to tell hoe long it would take to raise my cya. I low now and was going to put in conditioner to raise it but I don't know how much the tab will raise it

Sorry watermom I missed the 40 on the cya I will do

+ Reply to Thread