Closed Thread

Thread: New test kit and my test

Default New test kit and my test

I finally am trying to break my connection to the local pool store, even though they are really nice people. Pool is 4 yr old vinyl 17200 gallon 16*32 compupool SWG. Anyways this year I have had problems keep the pool clear, and I am tired of the PS telling me to try this each time I come in. So I ordered the Taylor 2006-C and pulled my first test Sat. Here are my numbers
    FC 0.0
    pH 8.0
    TA 170
    CH 470
    CYA 30

I have my ph down to 7.3 in order to shock/slam. I know my CH is high but so is the water that comes from my tap, so thats something I can't really fix. Last night I started the slam process with 5 gallons of 15% in hopes to reach FC of 24ppm, got FC to 10 and hr later, then I added 2 gallons of 8.25 which got me to 17.5 an hour later. then dumped my last gallon of 8.25 in about 10pm CST last night. I was unable to test FC till 10am today and I was back to 0 FC. This morning I added 6.5 lbs of stabilizer in hoped to bring my CYA up to at least 60ppm and dumped 623 oz of 8.25 as directed by Pool Math. I will grab 10 more gallons of bleach on the way home this afternoon. So since last night at 6 pm I've added 10 gallons of bleach, does this sound like I am track? I did notice when I tested this morning the pool wasn't as cloudy so I guess it is working to kill the algae. Thanks
    16x32 IG pool with CompuPool SWCG

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New test kit and my test

Is your pool like a total swamp? 5 gallons of 15% should have added 43ppm of chlorine to your pool! (You may be bleaching your liner!) How much after this did you get a reading of 10ppm?

Quote Originally Posted by Watermom View Post
    Is your pool like a total swamp? 5 gallons of 15% should have added 43ppm of chlorine to your pool! (You may be bleaching your liner!) How much after this did you get a reading of 10ppm?
    No my water is just cloudy, could hardley see the drain cover in the deep end. Pool math told me that 2.5 gallons would have got me to 24ppm from 0 but after an hour I test and it had only gotten me to 10ppm. Pool math told me to add another 2.5 to get to 24 from 10 and it only made it to 15 after another hr. i put 2 more gallons of 8.25% in and an hour later I was at 17.5ppm so I added my last gallon of 8.25 and tested 12 hours later and I showed no FC at all.
    16x32 IG pool with CompuPool SWCG

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I'm not sure why you are here -- you already have a 6 page thread at TFP.

Normally, I'd say pick one or the other, but it would appear you've already done that, and are just wasting both your time and ours here.

Thread closed / user downgraded to moderated only.

Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-24-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: fix typo

Closed Thread