Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Green" Owner with a Green Pool

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: "Green" Owner with a Green Pool

Just shock the pool before you go.

Regarding trial status ---- we have had SO many people register recently and are working to get them all done as fast as possible (plus continue to work at the same time to answer the posts of all the members who are already 'in') but I can't promise you a "when." I know it is hard to be patient, but trust me, it will be SO worth it!

Well, I was going to hook up the vacuum and clean the pool tonight, but I'm apparently missing at least one (if not more) parts. I know that I have a Baracuda cleaner, which appears to be a model 1500 based on an image search I did. I think I'm missing some parts though. I know that I used *A* pool cleaner last year, but I don't think it was the Baracuda, and I have NO clue where the cleaner I used is.

I've uploaded a few photos to a Picasa album so you can see what I have. There are several of the short white hoses, which I know connect to make the larger hose for the Baracuda. I know the steering wheel looking thing attaches somehow to the pink and blue main portion of the cleaner. But I have no idea on what the blue hose connects to, or what the white square thing is. You can't see it, but at the other end of the clear plastic hose that is attached to the white square thing, there is another elbow. Also, not pictured is a "hose protector net" (only know this because it was in a Baracuda manual that I found online).

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I'm sorry that I can't help you with this part. But, hopefully someone will be able to. Good luck!

I still haven't been able to get my pool to clear up. Based on the bottles I'm accumulating for my recycling bin, I've put at least 12 gallons in my pool, just since I made my first post here.

Should I add some sort of a stabilizer to the pool? One of my friends suggested it, but I have no idea if I should or not. I don't have access to a Sam's Club (no membership, and I don't know anyone with a membership), though I might be able to go to CostCo this weekend (going to visit friends that live near one, and we usually try to get at least one CostCo run when I go up there).

At this point, all I'm doing is adding regular bleach to the pool. Is there something else I should be adding? I'm trying to get the vacuum figured out, but having no luck so far. I'm about to order something inexpensive off Amazon, just to get me through the rest of this season, in hopes of finding something better on clearance over the winter/at the end of the season.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Stabilizer is CYA. Same thing. You do need it (see post #5). Sam's Club is one of the few sources we know of that sells unadulterated dichlor (99% dichlor, about 55% chlorine). Wall mart and cosco sell junk dichlor - don't buy it. It can make things much worse.

Is the algae dead? Dead would be white or grey or brown - no green. And no green when you brush the pool. If the chlorine level slips below shock level, the algae will come roaring back.

If it is all dead, then it's just going to take a while for the filter to clear the pool.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

I've finally managed to get the pool to hold chlorine, and it's reading around 9ppm right now (I picked up some CYA, and it's been holding steady ever since). My pH is around 7.6. The pool is still a teal-ish color. I've been brushing the walls and floor as I can, which has stirred up a fair amount (the pool looked brownish the first night I did it), but I haven't been able to get the vacuum to work properly to give it a good sweeping.