+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Cannot raise CYA

Default Re: Cannot raise CYA

Did you start shocking?

BTW, I don't know how you're testing for "acid" or pho (phosphates) since they're not in the K-2006 kit. Are you getting these numbers from the pool store? You don't need those test anyway.

Is the pool still clear?
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit. PF=6

QiingGuy is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst QiingGuy 0

Starting shock this afternoon, got side tracked. Test is from pool store.

Water is crystal clear, beautiful in-fact.
    Intex Ultra 16' x 48 5,061 gallons, Intex SWG, Intex 1,500 gph pump K2006, Unicel, city water

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Use your K2006 instead of having the pool store test it. More accurate and reliable.

Forgive me, but I'm going to be cruel to be kind for a moment...

Shocking you pool based on pool store testing is kinda like taking medications based on your local voodoo doctor diagnosis. You really can't be sure if you really have anything wrong and / or what the results will be to fix what may or may not need fixing. You have a test kit. Please, use it and report the results before your next post.

Thank you
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit. PF=6

LOL, if that's cruel you need to visit some of the other forums I belong to LOL.

OK just tested myself and I'm at FC 4 and .02. I'm confused. BTW, I watched the video again just to confirm I'm doing this properly.
    Intex Ultra 16' x 48 5,061 gallons, Intex SWG, Intex 1,500 gph pump K2006, Unicel, city water

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Do you mean CC of 0.2? Are you using a 25mL water sample?

And, is this AFTER you shocked the pool? How much after and how much bleach did you add to shock it?

Sorry, cc of .02.

I have not shocked. Someone suggested I test with my kit vs. the pool store test my wife's been doing prior to shocking. Now I'm questioning the values I've been getting from the pool store.

So do I hold off on the shock?

I could of been more stern but this a nice forum. Other forums I would of busted on you

Those pool store results you posted didn't jive with you having a clear pool. CYA pool store (a.k.a. fool store) testing isn't worth the printout they gave you.

Testing is like your pool GPS. It works because it first figures out where you are and then tells how to get where you wanna be. In other words, you'll never find you way to NYC from Las Vegas if your GPS tells you you're in Madrid. Those pool store results place you somewhere east of the Nile River and nowhere near the Colorado River. Get it ?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Big Splash View Post
    CYA pool store (a.k.a. fool store) testing isn't worth the printout they gave you.
    Just to be fair . . . from what I see here, I'd guess that at least 1 pool store in 50 provides accurate testing and generally reliable advice. It might even be 1 store in 20.

So, not all pool stores are bad. The problem is, the only way to know whether you can trust yours, is to learn enough so you don't need them much, even if they ARE trustworthy!

Fair enough

+ Reply to Thread