+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Cannot raise CYA

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Cannot raise CYA

You are very welcome! Glad things are going well. Thanks for coming back and updating. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Default Re: Cannot raise CYA

Quote Originally Posted by QiingGuy View Post
    Thought I'd update.

Came home from my business trip and pool looked beautiful, crystal clear. FC was about 8 and less than .5 ppm Combined. Combined has consistently hovered around .5. Perfect right . . . not quite.

I'm running my pump 6 hours a night and SWG 4 hours and my FC still drops down as low as 2ppm. I'm starting to think there's an issue with my SWG and it cannot keep-up with the chlorine loss. I'm not losing a lot of chlorine, probably less than 1ppm each night so I'm adding bleach about every three days, however, I was hoping with my SWG I'd be at the point of it maintaining. Don't mind adding bleach but what good is the SWG then . . .

Other than the pool being a bit dirty from storms this past week numbers and water look awesome! Thanks again to everyone who helped this newbie out. Will be much easier when we get our in-ground in now.
    Perhaps running the SWCG needs to run more than 4hrs. I'm running mine 12hrs (70% setting) to maintaining 7ppm CL (CYA is 80).
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread