+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Search

Default Search

Why can't I search the full forum? It keeps telling me I don't have permission. What am I doing wrong?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Search

You are not doing anything wrong, it is just that until your registration is completed, you have to be logged out to be able to see the rest of the forum. Use this link to search instead of the search feature that is built in to the forum software. It will search the entire forum plus our sister website www.poolsolutions.com. http://pool9.net/search/

So, copy the link and the paste it into a browser window after you log out.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Search

The maker of the forum software (vBulletin) has repeatedly failed to make search secure against hackers.

But it's not the loss you think. The way I usually search -- and it's MY site -- is by adding this phrase to a Google search: site:poolforum.com . Google indexes this site MUCH better than the forum software does. The only time I use the built-in search is when I'm looking for a particular user or doing admin-type things.

. . . membership updated.

+ Reply to Thread