Old thread but I've got a Blue Diamond Robotic cleaner and I love it. After the opening of the pool at the beginning of summer, I usually don't have to manually vacuum my pool again and It's nice to be able to just throw the robotic vacuum in the pool in the morning before work or at night before bed so that when I get home or the next day the pool is nice and clean.

BUT in my opinion-I'm not sure how beneficial it would be for someone who doesn't have to vacuum very much to begin with. My pool is surrounded by trees so my pool requires some sort of maintenance 7 days a week. I spend 10-15 minutes daily and use a net and skim the top to remove the leaves and pine straw as well as empty the skimmer daily, sometimes twice in one day in the morning and afternoon 7 days a week and I have to vacuum every other day so it's nice to have the vacuuming done by the robot.

In my parents case, their pool has no trees around it and they only have to vacuum once a week. They spend 20 minutes one time a week manually vacuuming and don't have to do much of anything in-between like I do so they don't feel a robotic vacuum is worth it and I'd agree..