+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fanta Sea Help

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Fanta Sea Help

I stand corrected. I am working from memory and have not looked at the dig plan in ten or twelve years.
    Carl

I didn't mean it as a correction to what you had stated but was just trying to correct the thread for any future readers. Ordered the 3/4 marine ply today $71.50 per sheet delivered + tax
    Fantasea AG

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I wasn't offended. Correcting incorrect assumptions and facts is a large part of what we do here. Incorrect "facts" are worse than useless: They are destructive.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by TomSINY View Post
    Rebuilding a 26 year old Fanta Sea 16 X 32 5.5 hopper, it has been empty for 5 years and needs to be cleared of many tree roots that have grown on the bottom. Looking for dig spec for the hopper. My original liner and its replacement 10 years ago had a walk ledge of about 1 foot or so around three sides. I called Pool Supplies.com and they sent me a spec that does not have the walk (safety) ledge. Have been trying for a week to re contact them via Email and phone. I get no response to Email and the phone Extension of the person who originally sent the spec goes to voice mail. If I try to speak to another Rep they just transfer me to the voice mail system of the original rep. QUESTION: Do they still make the liner with the walk ledge, and does anyone have a copy of the dig spec?
    Thanks

Have you inspected the upper rail system in detail? I did not do so, and at year 30 (2013) I had an upper rail failure. Liner was at the end of life so at least I did not have to replace a "good" liner. Some details here:

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...Fanta-Sea-Pool

I did a full rebuild last year due to that failure, so I can give you some advice based on experience if you need it. I have a lot of pictures if you need to see what is involved.
    FantaSea AG pool, 16' x 32' x 4' flat bottom, Hayward T210 sand filter

+ Reply to Thread