+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Yay!!!New pool!!!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Yay!!!New pool!!!

I admit it. I am definitely not a "creepy crawly critter" kind of girl!

Lakes, ponds and streams are abundant here! Sorry, Watermom! I think they're gross, too. And they BITE! Not the kind of exercise I was counting on! Anyway, we are enjoying some unseasonably cool weather here and it gives me a chance to get everything hunky-dorey before things heat back up next week so I can swim. I can't wait! Who knew I'd discover that I loved the water in my 60s???? Thank you for all the support and quick replies...I'm feeling more confident already.

Sorry. I really hated to post that but they're in the pool and qualifies as a pool question. Hopefully they'll be gone soon. I am a true country girl and love the outdoors....except for the creepy crawlers.....and, I know, they're everywhere!!!

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

It might help to keep any lights in or on the pool off so as to avoid being attractive at night.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Right! And, remember REFLECTIONS of lights, count as lights. Bugs will fly towards the 'moon' in the pool, not that you can fix that one!

I get a ton of bugs in my pool, have to clean them out every day. We have an actual streetlight as a security light in our backyard though. Shines right down on the pool at night. Guess we are pretty much stuck with the bugs unless we tell the utility co to shut the light off... :/
    11k gal 22' x 52" Intex Ultra. PF=10

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

@May76: can you cover the pool at night? 22' is a lot of cover to handle every day.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Another option -- admittedly a bit of a handy-man trick -- is to make and mount a screen under the light, that would shadow the pool.

Weellll we've only actually used the cover once so far(anticipated rainstorm) which took both my husband and I...honestly I'd rather scoop out a ton of bugs every day then go thru that every night lol.

Hmmm...might try looking into something like that, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread