+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Choclate Lab, Sadie Mae, Loves to Swim - And of course the HAIR issue-how to deal

Cool My Choclate Lab, Sadie Mae, Loves to Swim - And of course the HAIR issue-how to deal

Sadie loves to swim in the pool, especially when others are. Not a problem most of the time. We usually put her in the garage with Milk Bone for a hour or two, she takes a nap while the family or guests enjoy the pool. Then when the adults are out and kids are still full of energy, out comes Ms. Sadie Mae [85 lbs] and swims, fetches, plays in the pool. Kids don't care about the floating hair, and of course love to hold onto her as she swims laps, and jumps in after the toys being thrown. But I do brush her thoroughly prior to letting her in. If she does get in during the day by herself, I can get most out with the pool net in a matter of 10 minutes or so, so not really huge deal. If by helself, She typically will go to steps, swim out a bit, and come back and sit on steps for while. A return line is there so the floating hair gets down to the deep end skimmer before too long. The Polaris goes a good job picking up the hair that reached the bottom and stretch fabric is placed over the skimmer baskets. I have learned to deal with this, since she is here to stay !! Wonderful pet..
    screened 23.2k gal rectangular 17 x 38 gunite IG pool, depth 4 - 8.5 ft, American Eclipse sand filter, new sand, Hayward EcoStar VS pump. PF=5

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: My Choclate Lab, Sadie Mae, Loves to Swim - And of course the HAIR issue-how to d

I have three golden retrievers. I know they would love the pool but I have a vinyl liner and don't want to risk rips. If I had a gunite pool like you do, I would definitely let them in to play! But, alas, they have to settle for a plastic wading pool on the deck.

+ Reply to Thread