+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12x24 think I used to much algacide my pool got cloudy and real blue

Default 12x24 think I used to much algacide my pool got cloudy and real blue

This normal ?

Is it possible for me to show what my pool looks like ? I've never seen anything like it, it's real blue

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: 12x24 think I used to much algacide my pool got cloudy and real blue

Cloudy and really blue could be several things, but the first is usually too much calcium, if the cloud is milky white.
    There's all kinds of algaecide and we recommend against ALL of them, with one exception: Polyquat 60% as the sole active ingredient. All the others create staining, foaming, etc.

The best algaecide is, not surprisingly, chlorine.
    Carl

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: 12x24 think I used to much algacide my pool got cloudy and real blue

You can post pictures, by uploading them to Picasa, Flickr, Google Plus, Photobucket, etc and then linking to them using the button.

However, like you, we'll only be guessing until you have valid test info AND a 'history' of your pool.

You'll need either a K2006 (much preferred) or a HTH 6-way drops kit. The testkit page explains: http://pool9.net/tk/

In the meantime, if you have dealer test results, they may help. Post any recent results you have.

Also, we'd need to know about your pool: http://pool9.net/pf-equip-form/

Other than that, all I can tell you is (a) keep your chlorine up, (b) make sure your pH is between 7 & 8, and (c) make sure your pump is running 24/7

. . . membership upgraded.

Default Re: info about my pool

Well I went and had the water tested I had to add 8 pounds of balance and 4 ounces of clarifier and it's looking beautiful however we are getting serious rain here again in NY so it won't last long. The pool was put in our yard 2009. It's an inground vinyl liner. It is rectangle 12x24 and approximately 13,000 gallons. Now I face a new problem there's water behind my liner. This is the third time. We are getting a lot of rain though. We got over 4 inches in one day. I've looked for a video of how to get it out but can't find how to actually get behind the liner. The pool company charges 200 every time they are here and literally it takes them 5 minutes. Anyone know where to find a video do we can do it ourselves ?
    12 x 24 pool

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: info about my pool

Rain does NOT cause pool problems, contrary to what many owners and many dealers think.

Rather, rain causes pool owners to stop attending to the pools, and the lack of pool owner attention to pools causes problems.

So . . . pay attention to your pool's chlorine levels WHILE it's raining, just like you would when it's sunny!

Water under the liner is almost always caused by ground water levels that are higher than your pool water level. Raise your pool to FLOOD level (above the skimmer) when rain is coming, and you will very likely avoid the problem. I don't know how they are removing the water when they are there; can someone stay home and watch?

I can't be home when they do it I'm always at work unfortunately. They stick a shop vac in and suck it out somehow.
    12 x 24 pool

+ Reply to Thread