+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach just disappears?

Default Bleach just disappears?

My water is clear; except for residue on sides....I'll live with that....But I threw in 3 gallons of bleach and 3 hrs later it's gone (test wise)....I have a Taylor 2006 kit.....My stabilizer/conditioner is 40. All other readings are fine..Why does bleach disappear so quickly? thx...(Water temp is 86)

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Bleach just disappears?

You may have something in the pool that you can't see that your chlorine is working on. This evening, add enough bleach to take your chlorine level up to 15ppm. An hour or two after adding it, test and record your FC and CC readings. Tomorrow morning within an hour or sunrise, test FC and CC again. Report those readings. We are looking to see how much FC you are losing overnight from sundown to sunrise and also if you have a CC reading.

Just to confirm, you do have a K2006 kit and not a K2005, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Watermom View Post
    You may have something in the pool that you can't see that your chlorine is working on. This evening, add enough bleach to take your chlorine level up to 15ppm. An hour or two after adding it, test and record your FC and CC readings. Tomorrow morning within an hour or sunrise, test FC and CC again. Report those readings. We are looking to see how much FC you are losing overnight from sundown to sunrise and also if you have a CC reading.

Didn't get reply til this morning..Yes 2006

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Do the overnight test tonight.

Do the overnight test tonight.
    Will do.....thx

Quote Originally Posted by Earl J View Post
    Will do.....thx
    CA is actually 60

I'm assuming by CA you are referring to CYA? If that is the case, then instead of taking the chlorine up to 15ppm, take it up 20ppm. Shock level is based on your CYA level. More about the CYA/Chlorine relationship here:> http://pool9.net/cl-cya/

I dont need to wait til sunrise; bleach is totally gone in 2/3 hrs...I have a phosphate reading of 750 (per pool store)...Can that have something to do with it? I've been dumping many gallons of bleach for quite a long time..thx (going broke buying bleach).....Not to mention; this morning water was starting to cloud up... Taylor 2006 does not mention Phosphates; unless I overlooked

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I don't think phosphates are a real issue for you now.
    I do think Watermom is right and you have an algae bloom starting.
    Shock the pool to 20ppm FC and keep it there until you lose no more than 1ppm FC from sunset to sunrise and you have little to no CC (0.5ppm or less). Brush the pool - daily if you can - walls and floor. Run the pump/filter 24/7.

Post a full set of K-2006 readings and pool and equipmnet specs.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    I don't think phosphates are a real issue for you now.
    I do think Watermom is right and you have an algae bloom starting.
    Shock the pool to 20ppm FC and keep it there until you lose no more than 1ppm FC from sunset to sunrise and you have little to no CC (0.5ppm or less). Brush the pool - daily if you can - walls and floor. Run the pump/filter 24/7.

Post a full set of K-2006 readings and pool and equipmnet specs.
    Will do...Another problem is: I have white residue build up at sides and seams...At one time it was yellow....I vacuumed on waste< but it returns

+ Reply to Thread