+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blow Through...

Default Blow Through...

Hello all. Could not find a solution anywhere on the forum or on the net. Can somebody please tell me why I'm getting blow through when I'm cleaning my pool?

Blow Through: Whilst I'm vacuuming my pool debris that was once vacuumed passes the filter and is shot back into my pool through the jets. VERY FRUSTRATING. I understand a little here in there, however it's to the point to where it's starting to look like the pool is partially cleaned. 50% debris is being filtered and 50% is passing the filter.

What I"ve done:

1 cleaned filter
    2 checked for missing filter parts (verified at pool store)
    3 wasted alot of time vacuuming....

What I have:

1 25/16 pool size
    2 c1200 hayward cartridge filter
    3 1.5 flotec pool pump (so loud) but still works so whatever...

What I need

1 is a list of items to check.
    2 And I have one major question to be answered: I certainly have the right cartridge filter, however Hayward, I believe made poorly designed product by not putting a gasket on the top and bottom of the filter. It seems too loose. Is there a gasket I can get to seal or tighten up the space where the filter seats below and above? There's way to much space between the inside of the filter rim where it meets the Hayward filter enclosure. I believe that's the problem.

Thanks all

Nick

Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-13-2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: fix typo

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Blow Through...

1. Make sure you aren't missing parts: page 8 of the StarClear manual

2. If your cartridge is NOT Hayward OEM or Unicel, order one. (You should have 2, anyhow, so once can be cleaned properly)
    Hayward CX1200RE
    Unicel C-8412 Replacement Filter Cartridge for 120 sft Hayward CX1200RE
    Which ever one you get, INSPECT it when you receive it, and make SURE it's an actual Hayward or Unicel and not something else being shipped as 'equivalent'.

3. Check your piping and ID ANYTHING that bypasses the filter (like an off line chlorinator, etc.)

Get back to me of those 3 steps don't ID the problem. I've used StarClear filters to build cart-based vac systems . . . so I'm pretty sure your problem is not typical.

Default Re: Blow Through...

I have this same filter. It requires a 120 sq. Ft. Cartridge. The replacement cartridge for the smaller versions of this filter are VERY close to the right size, but not quite. Unless you measure carefully, you would never know, even putting them side by side. There should be a number on the cartridge that you can cross reference to check that you have the right one. Could your fabric be torn?
    In-ground gunite 16 x 30 13,000 gal. Full screen enclosure. 120 sq ft. Filter cartridge, 1-1/2 HP pump. Master Pools In-floor cleaner. Taylor K-2006.

+ Reply to Thread