+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help-small problem turning into big headache. Pool a bit higher than deck

Default Re: Help-small problem turning into big headache. Pool a bit higher than deck

If you see the railings for the steps, they are screwed to the deck. To get into the pool you step off the deck, over the pool rail, and onto the 1st step. I thought that would be easy to see, but I can post a pic, thank you!

Then for the rest, I trimmed the deck boards back a bit so now you should see in the pictures that the boards are about 1-2" from the pool. Then there's a couple that have a bigger space, they were cut to fit the old pool.

I can't find any pics of a "platform" or something to keep the kids from standing on the rail.
    But there are posts people have posted saying they have done it, but no pics or even replies.

Pappy is offline PF Supporter Widget Weaver Pappy 0

Default Re: Help-small problem turning into big headache. Pool a bit higher than deck

It wouldn't be pretty (I'n not sure a pretty way exists), but maybe you could use plastic paver or landscape edging to border the pool. That would make you have to stand completely on the pool edge or step all the way over. Also, a red stripe along the top of the rail would be a visual incentive to stay off.

Pappy
    Intex 15ftx4ft 4500 gal. 3/4 HP Pentair WhisperFlo pump. Hayward 21" sand filter. Taylor K-2006 & K-1106 kits. PF=27

DennisP is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst DennisP 0

Why not just build a brace that goes underneath to support the rail from below the deck?

That way it is supported by the deck and it doesn't matter if anyone steps on it.

Build one for the area by the steps to begin with and if that works, then just build more for the rest of the deck area. Sure, without it being perfectly level between the deck and the rails it is a slightly more complex solution, but in the end it is the same.

And you cannot blame the installer of the replacement pool, since unless you replaced the pool with the exact same model you had previously there is no way to get it all to "match" without 4x the time and effort. You are talking about test fitting, tearing it down, re-leveling, fit it again, etc...

I would say they did a hell of a job getting it that good. And the extra expense was for them to get it to match exactly like they did. That is a huge effort in itself to get it that good.

+ Reply to Thread