+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ANYONE TRIED A POOLVERGUNEN sp?

Default ANYONE TRIED A POOLVERGUNEN sp?

My mx 8 went out again and I was considering the Poolvernguen for my fiberglass pool. Looking for fewer parts. Thanks for chiming in. Dave G.
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: ANYONE TRIED A POOLVERGUNEN sp?

I have one. Had it for almost two years now but its broken again (the 2 second time now). There are there plastic flappers that keep falling/breaking off. I left off one row, now there is something broken internally. A plastic piece that is blocking the suction opening.
    I'm replacing it with a "Great White". I had one before and it worked fine for about two years too. I leave my cleaner in the pool all the time so that may be contributing to the short life (you're supposed to remove them from the water when not in use).
    Anyways the GW cleaner is a lot cheaper and I know it works as good, so I'm switching back.

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

If you have a high main drain, you need to use the tires with the larger bump on them and that will prevent the cleaner from hanging up on the cover breaking the skirt. Did you ever try calling them about it? They are usually pretty responsive although now that Hayward owns them, it might have changed.

I have had the suction cleaner for going on 9 years without incident and I think it is a pretty good cleaner. BTW, I leave mine in my pool all the time too but it doesn't seem to have shortened the life much.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

anyone know why they keep pushing the 4 wheel version beside price?
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

It has a longer hose for a bigger pool and the motion pattern is also for a bigger pool.

An easy way to determine if you need a 2 Wheel Suction PoolCleaner or a 4 Wheel Suction PoolCleaner is to imagine a 40 ft long pool. If the suction port or skimmer is half way (most newer pools) approx 20 ft from one end, then the 2 Wheel Model will be sufficient.
    If however the suction port is all the way at one end AND you have a very deepend the 4 Wheel PoolCleaner would be better suited for your pool. The best way to describe it is that the 4 Wheel model can drag more hose.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Interesting! Wonder how it compares to a robotic? (excepting, of course, that a robotic brushes, and acts as a filter for the water as well.)
    Carl

I'm not sure they push the 4-wheel version. Before I bought mine, we called them and they told me to go with the 2-wheel one for my pool.

+ Reply to Thread