+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Still cloudy

Default Still cloudy

I have the 18ft above ground intex. Now for about 4 weeks. It is cloudy and has a little yellow in it. I have shocked it and put in extra chlorine. My test has the right color for chlorine and acid. Why is it still cloudy? What should I do?
    thanks in advance.
    6.3k gal 18' AG pool. 1500 GPH pump. PF=19

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Still cloudy

What kind of test kit do you have? If you have a drops-based kit, please give us current water testing numbers. If you don't, go to Walmart and see if they have the HTH 6-Way drops-based kit (no test strips!) and get that. If they don't, get an OTO/Phenol Red kit (yellow and red drops) instead. Use it to test and then post your numbers. Also while you are at WallyWorld, get several jugs of their generic 8.25% bleach and a couple of boxes of 20 Mule Team Borax (laundry aisle).

Have you had algae recently?
    Exactly what all have you put in the pool, meaning ingredients and not just product names like 'shock' or 'algaecide.'

Default Re: Still cloudy

I am by no means a pool expert. We had a very cloudy pool at the start of the season. We tried shocking it and the chlorine levels were either high or just right and still cloudy. We took a water sample to our local pool place (Leslie's) and found out the CYA was very high. We had to drain 2 feet of water and add fresh, get the levels right and now it's fine. BTW, my pool is in ground so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

+ Reply to Thread