+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward Viper not moving anymore

Default Hayward Viper not moving anymore

I have had the the viper 5500 for several years with no issues and this year it worked as usual the first time i used it but now it does not move at all. I verified that the booster pump is working and opened the vipe to look insoide and see nothing visible that's broken. Any suggestions?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Hayward Viper not moving anymore

You can always try the old, "take it all apart, and put it back together again" cure! I can't tell you how many times I've fixed things that way -- pool components, vehicles, household appliances, etc.

Years ago, I'd take it apart again to see if I could answer the question, "Why?".

Now, I'm just glad it works!

. . . membership updated.

Quote Originally Posted by tomgil View Post
    I have had the the viper 5500 for several years with no issues and this year it worked as usual the first time i used it but now it does not move at all. I verified that the booster pump is working and opened the vipe to look insoide and see nothing visible that's broken. Any suggestions?
    I use to have that cleaner. Have you verified the manifold is working? I had to take mine apart and clean the manifold a few times. It finally stopped working altogether. Due to the high cost of the manifold and the lack of assurance replacing it would fix my Viper, I ditched it for a Polaris 280. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the 280 works better than my Viper ever did. Btw, the Viper I had was the second Viper I had; the first one was replaced under warranty due to sluggish performance.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Thanks JimK I'll give that a try.. after reading all the issues the viper has I'm annoyed I even bought that model...oh well

+ Reply to Thread