+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Need help...still cloudy after more than a week...very hard water

Default Re: Need help...still cloudy after more than a week...very hard water

Happy 4th of July!! My pool is finally beautiful, sparkling clear and perfect temp! I am working on balancing the FC and CYA and getting into a routine of testing. Once it is stabilized, how often do I check the CYA, PH, CH? Daily for the FC, right? I'm SO excited to have my pool back without all the gunk. THANKS!
    8k gal 16x24 oval AG pool; mesh winter cover, well water fill, Premium Blue 22 sand filter, Premium Blue 1.5hp 1spd pump operating 24/7. PF=15

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Unless you do some thing to add CH, you don't need to check it: it won't change unless water is removed from the pool.

Until your TA is in a more normal range, you might want to check it every couple of weeks.

CYA, again, won't change unless you do something to change it. So if you drain a lot of water, backwash a lot, or are using stabilized chlorine, you might need to test it occasionally.

pH & chlorine? Check it with the K2006 every few days; use a cheapo OTO / phenol red kit to check it daily.

With more experience, you can extend your test intervals.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I'm really happy to hear that your pool is clear!! Congrats! Now it is time to enjoy it!

Cool Re: Need help...still cloudy after more than a week...very hard water

The overview of the testing routine is very helpful. I am confident that my pool will continue to look great so we CAN enjoy it, instead of being a pain all summer. This forum has saved me much time and money. Thank you again! Happy summer!
    8k gal 16x24 oval AG pool; mesh winter cover, well water fill, Premium Blue 22 sand filter, Premium Blue 1.5hp 1spd pump operating 24/7. PF=15

+ Reply to Thread