+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Still very cloudy after running filter 24/7 for 2 1/2 weeks, 3rd year using BBB metho

Default Re: Still very cloudy after running filter 24/7 for 2 1/2 weeks, 3rd year using BBB m

You have shown us a great example of P.O.P. Pool Owner Patience. I'm surprised no one else referenced this earlier. Alot of posters want clear water NOW ! and aren't in a good place to hear "just be patient"

These guys ARE great. I bought a new house in Sept of 2010 and found their forum over the winter while researching how to care for pools. In the four years since I think I've had only one algae outbreak and that because I was away and not able to add chlorine at the right time.
    15,000 Gallon AG -24' round -- Vinyl Liner -- 1 HP Hayward Power Flow LX -- Sand Filter -- PF=5.5

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Still very cloudy after running filter 24/7 for 2 1/2 weeks, 3rd year using BBB m

@robbym70: Thanks for the 'attaboy'!

@dimpledn: I'm uncomfortable with how long it took your pool to clear. Granted, some things were going wrong when you first tried. But I'm still suspicious of your sand filter. If you get a chance to get a bag of real filter sand, do so, and set it aside. The first time you open your filter after that, compare the filter sand to what you have . . . and see if you need to replace, or add, sand.

Thanks, Robbym70!

PoolDoc, the only thing I can think of that would have caused it to take so long is the broken pipe to the laterals in the filter. It's still odd it took that long after we repaired it. My husband said the bag did say filter sand on it. My pool is clear now, but the tree frogs keep trying to take over (not a new problem). They just laid a nice new batch of eggs in my pool. Thanks again!
    9.2k gal 15 x 30 oval AG pool, well water, Hayward S180T sand filter, Astral pump running 24/7. PF=13

+ Reply to Thread