+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Murky pool, tadpoles, and an inexperienced owner!

Default Re: Murky pool, tadpoles, and an inexperienced owner!

Just tested. Level after a few hrs is still high. North of 13ppm I'd guess. I'll try to scoop more leaves but it's really a guessing game as to where they are since I still can't see to the bottom. Thx for all your help. I'll report back tomorrow. Probably should buy some more bleach huh?!?
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-26-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: enable signature
    10k gal 15x30ft oval AG pool, Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    Hayward XStream CC1000 (80 GPM). PF=12

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

. . . membership updated.

Hi watermom,
    here's the latest:
    Color of pool is a light brown, but still cloudy. i can't yet see to the bottom.
    As of yesterday evening, #'s were:
    Cl - 4ppm (added 2 jugs of bleach after taking reading. By morning, # was 5ppm)
    pH - 7.8ppm (and I really havent added much borox since my initial effort a week ago)
    Alk - 130 ppm

I've been running (and cleaning) the filter literally around the clock. Running it overnight and during the day while I'm at work. Is this the right thing to do?

Cl levels are still hard to stabalize, but getting better. Since I cannot see to the bottom yet, I'm still playing the guessing game trying to eliminate leaves. I think i have most of them, but there must still be some.

Explanation for the brown water? how can i start to get the color right? or do i just need to be patient?

Tx watermom, again for all the help. I feel I'm making progress, albeit slow. My daughter's bday party is in 3 weeks... think I'll have a pool for kids to use!?

-jeff

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

The limit on your test kit's ability to read chlorine is 5ppm. So, is it really 5 or higher. Use this link and tell me what you think it is?
    http://pool9.net/oto-chart/

How consistently are you maintaining shock level? It has to be consistent or it will take forever to clear up.

Yes, run the pump 24/7 while you are working to clear it.

Why don't you do yourself a favor. Buy the Taylor K2006 or 2006C kit. It will make this clean up a lot faster and easier. http://pool9.net/tk/

Do you fill from a well or city water?

been meaning to get that kit. If I click on the link, will that take me driectly to a place where you will get credit if I order. I want to make sure you do!

i had the CL level at about 9 estimted for 2 days consisntently. Not enough? Should I jack it back up and try to keep it consistently there for longer?

How long (days) should I be in 'shock' mode before I see a difference?

tx watermom.

-jeff

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Yes, clicking on that link uses our Amazon link where the forum earns a small percentage off each sale. (Even if you don't order pool stuff, any Amazon purchase that starts with that link does so.)

Go back and reread post #4 instead of me retyping the criteria about how high and how long to hold at shock level. Order the kit ASAP so you'll have a better way to test the higher chlorine readings and also CC. (If you are an Amazon prime member, you can get the kit fast. Sometimes they have trial Prime memberships if you aren't sure about it. I'm sure it will tell you on their website. Haven't looked recently.)

+ Reply to Thread