I decided to buy the Pool Pilot Digital with the RC-52 cell and installed it this weekend. Thanks to everyone for their help.

A few notes:

As per the Talyor K-1766 I started with a salt level of 600. I added thirteen 40 lb bags on of Morton Pool Salt over 48 hours which brought me to 3000 ppm. This afternoon the Pool Pilot is reading 3500 ppm. The Taylor kit is still reporting 3000. I'm going to wait a day or two and see if the numbers get closer before I calibrate.

I did the test routine and everything appears to be working normally. I'm currently running power level 2 at 50% and plan on keeping my normal pump run time of 8 hours. I'm wondering how long it will take me to get the unit dialed in.

The install of the unit itself went fine but one of the screws that hold the outer cover on broke. It was almost impossible to turn and a screw driver only mangled the head. I had to use channellocks to loosen it. The second time I did that the screw broke. I'm going to call Autopilot in the morning and ask them to send another screw. Hopefully I can drill the old one out.

The instructions say to unplug three wire connectors from the protective cover when removing the cover. Mine only had two, although there is a socket for another connector. I'm hoping the instructions are referring to some optional equipment and that I'm not missing something. I was going to ask Autopilot in the morning unless someone here knows.

A 1/2" flexible conduit connector was included with the unit and pre-installed on the bottom. I wasn't expecting that so I ended up with an extra connector.

The temperature reading on the unit is right on the money with the temp calibration set to 0.

I created a major problem replacing the bracket that held my sub panel. There was not enough room for the DIG-220 and the bracket needed replacing anyway (rotted posts) so I built a new one. Basically two 5 foot cedar posts and 5 32" 1X6 cedar planks. However while removing the old one I broke up some concrete that I thought was anchoring the old posts but was actually covering the feed to my sub panel. I ended up driving a spike completely through the 1" PVC conduit containing the feeder wires. Ouch! I had to crack open the PVC to check for broken wires (miraculously there were none), disconnect all the wires from the sub panel, carefully cut out the broken piece, re-feed the wires through the new PVC (there were 6 of them), glue, and reattach everything in the sub panel. Major PIA!

Anyway, everything is finished and (hopefully) I'm producing my own chlorine.