+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy actuators going "wrong way"

Unhappy Jandy actuators going "wrong way"

If someone has had this issue and resolved it, please advise me:

I'm using two Jandy actuators to move Jandy valves to switch between "pool mode" and "spa mode" - spa mode meaning recirculation solely within the spa for quick heat-up. Both actuators are using the standard out-of-the-box cam positions, and are meant to swing 180 degrees to block off one or the other of the "non-inlet" ports of the 3-way Jandy valves.

Sometimes - randomly, maybe 10% of the time - instead of swinging the correct way, the actuator will proceed to turn the valve the wrong way. (I.e., last turn was clockwise, this turn is clockwise again.) This runs the risk of cutting off the inlet port, and therefore I can't confidently use the system unless I'm standing right there to halt things if there's a problem.

I have no reason to suspect (nor can I think of) any problem with the way I'm applying the 24V to power the actuators. Has anyone ever seen this issue? Does it sound like a cam/switch problem? Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Default Re: Jandy actuators going "wrong way"

I didn't have your exact problem, but I did have the valves randomly switching between pool/spa mode. It ultimately ended up being a faulty spa side remote switch. It's a Jandy 4 button, and apparently, (according to the tech who came out to replace it under warranty), they are notorioius for failing and randomly sending signals to turn on the spa/heater or whatever else you have the buttons programmed for. Just an avenue to explore, may not be the cause, but it was the cause in my case.

+ Reply to Thread