+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reviews of Bioguard swimming pool chemicals?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Bioguard?

And . . . you do NOT need 2 bags of dichlor. With FC=6 and CYA<30, you are fine.

Chlorine levels need to be 10% or more of the CYA level -- you are at 20% or more.

Thanks for the advice. I will update in about a week to see if my CYA levels are higher at that point. I appreciate the help

I tested my water this morning and have the following:

pH: 7.2 (I added a small amount of borax)
    FC: 5
    CC: 0
    TA: 80
    CYA: 60 (possibly a little lower)

It looks like I should hold off on the stabilizer now, and start using the bleach. I have used the stabilizer for over a week now I believe, and was hoping you could help me set up some type of regular schedule for me going forward. How often should I check TA going forward? Weekly? Same with CYA? Also just wanted you to know that the water looks amazing so far and no complaints. Thank you

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

First of all, please make a signature. In it, please tell us type of pool, volume, size of pump, type and size of filter and also add the fact that you have a K2006 kit. That will keep us from scrolling through the entire thread looking for info when we make replies. You can click on the link in my signature below to make your signature.

As far as a routine -----

Every evening, test your pool. Add enough bleach to take your chlorine back up to the maximum level based on your CYA. You want to make sure that your chlorine never drops below the minimum before the next evening. More about the CYA/Chlorine connection can be found here:> http://pool9.net/cl-cya/ You may find that you can add bleach every other day instead of every day and still not drop below the minimum. You'll get more familiar with your pool's behavior as you test more.

In a 23K gallon pool, each of the 121-oz jugs of 8.25% bleach will add about 3.5ppm of chlorine. You can use that as a reference to help you figure out doses of bleach you need to add when you test. (Since your CYA is around 60, I would only use bleach from now on for your source of chlorine. You really don't want the CYA any higher.)

Also, test pH daily. If it drops below 7.2, add a little borax. TA can be tested every week or two, unless you start to see your pH bouncing around. CYA doesn't need to be tested very often if you aren't using dichlor or trichlor (which you should not use). Maybe test it monthly.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread