+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Aqua-Rite SWCG not generating......

Default Question about Aqua-Rite SWCG not generating......

Hi all:

We have an inground pool with an Aqualine Gold SWCG linked to a T15 cell. Everything is hooked up correctly, but this year it is not generating chlorine. All of the diagnostic lights on the mother board are correctly and appropriately lit, the diagnostic menu is operating and reading correctly, and it says it is generating, but it is not. I bought a new T-15 cell as the old one was a few years old, and so far don't seem to be getting anything out of the new one either. I'm thinking there are two possibilities:
    1. I have managed to purchase a brand new, defective, cell.
    2. The motherboard is screwed up. We did replace the motherboard about 4 years ago, but at that time, the mother board displayed a diagnostic message indicating it had a problem. This one doesn't seem to think it has a problem. Has anyone run into this before--a motherboard which says it's doing everything but isn't doing anything?

At this point, I'm not thrilled about buying another new cell, especially if it isn't the problem to begin with. However, I'm not happy about buying a new motherboard either if it isn't the problem. I'm thinking it must be the board, but wonder if anyone has any insight into this?

Thanks.

Ed

Default Re: Question about Aqua-Rite SWCG not generating......

Make sure you have the correct amount of salt in the pool....also that your conditioner is adequate, and your large filter is clean and the cleaner basket on your pump is clean. You need all this insure your SWG works properly.

Thanks. I should have clarified that I have had this pool for about 7 years, the salt is correct, the stabilizer level and pH is adequate, the large and small cartridge filters are new and working fine, and the pump filter basket is clean. Everything is exactly as it should be, except that it is not generating chlorine.

Ed

If you're still having trouble, what does the LCD show for volts and current? You should see something like 25 volts and 4 to 5 amps or so. If you read about 30 volts and 0 amps then the cell is not getting power. Probably a loose connection at the controller. Either within the plug itself, or the socket on the circuit board.

Greg

+ Reply to Thread